News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

Re: Doom 3 Supremacy

Started by The Happy Friar, November 26, 2018, 02:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EoceneMiacid

Regarding the zombies, I was thinking, they are semi-merged with their human counterparts.

If, however, the shared zombie animations could be added to the shared npc model, then we could have truly realtime switchable humans/zombies without any hacks.

I also noticed there's setModel(), but I'm not sure it does what I think it does, or I'm not using it correctly.

I tried adding a zombie animation to the NPC model but alas, the # of joints doesn't match up.

EoceneMiacid

There's some content in Prey left to plunder, so here's Princess.

There's still a material problem left apparently, her head doesn't cast shadows :)

EoceneMiacid

This is the Assault Rifle from Quake Wars - Enemy Territory.

All of ETQW's weapons are in .md5 format in the SDK, so they can be added to Supremacy.

(Well, after they are manually hacked downgraded from V11 to V10 format, that is)

EoceneMiacid

EoceneMiacid

oneofthe8devilz

It is nice and refreshing to see someone still being so enthusiastic about the idtech4 engines. I definitely am looking forward to playtest whatever you end up cooking.
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

EoceneMiacid

It's a passion project.

EoceneMiacid

These are the Shotgun and Machine Pistol from ETQW.

Until I find a way to obtain their textures and animations, this is the best they will get, I'm afraid.

EoceneMiacid

Did I mention the bodies stay until gibbed? :)

EoceneMiacid

Demonstration of a handgrenade's power.

EoceneMiacid

EoceneMiacid

Monsters do not come pre-spawned (or in monster closets) in any of Supremacy's campaign.

Instead, the maps are populated by Spawners. This invisible entity spawns monsters at randomized intervals.

What monster it spawns is determined by a number of factors, such as your experience level. You'll mostly see low-ranking Ticks, Trites or Cherubs at first, but gradually more powerful monsters are introduced.

A Spawner will not spawn a new monster until the one it spawned is dead - but not straight away.

This way, maps are always populated in unpredictable ways, you'll never go through long stretches of time without something to shoot, even when backtracking, and there's plenty of opportunity to farm EXP.

EoceneMiacid

A Spawner is also capable of assembling zombies 'on-the-fly', picking random head and body combinations.

Furthermore, monster statistics are slightly randomized as well! A monster might have 125% health, or walk 20% faster, or cannot see, or hear, or both, any of these combined, or whatever!

EoceneMiacid

Loot!

Monsters now drop loot. Well, perhaps. If you're lucky.

The luckier you are, the better the loot will be.

For testing, I've given myself 100% chance of obtaining a shotgun, so each time a monster is killed, one is dropped.

EoceneMiacid

Testing out the Dynamic Monster Distribution System(c), it works like a charm.