News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

D3 MCS: Mars City Security (Public Release Download)

Started by oneofthe8devilz, June 05, 2014, 03:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneofthe8devilz

Quote from: Radegast on January 04, 2016, 08:58:56 AM
I watched this video with my mouth literally hanging open. Amazing. Really amazing stuff. I can't even imagine how much work had to go into making this happen. Seriously, how much time per week did you spend on this?

Will there be a linux port? Will you release the source code?

We are currently taking a development break after the many years of active MCS development.

There are plans for future updates including Mac and Linux support (we currently have the latest internal build running stable on Linux).

The way things currently stand, a source code release is scheduled at about a year after the final MCS patch has been published/deployed. (The exact amount of MCS updates and their release-dates have not been defined yet "When it's done") .

Also some serious security issues became apparent lately affecting not only MCS but ALL current online Doom3 1.3.1 based servers and clients which can directly be traced back to the source code access, allowing malignant users to crash and modify game servers and clients. The next upcoming MCS patch/update among other things will also address those security issues.
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

caedes

do you have information about the security problem so I can fix it in dhewm3?

The Happy Friar

oneofthe8devilz

Further details on the security issues will be disclosed at a later point in time once we are sure that we have really nailed the exploit 100% so that other mod projects can also update their codebase.

In the meantime here some footage from last night's DemonWars Session...

Check out our mods at

caedes

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on January 04, 2016, 03:37:02 PM
Further details on the security issues will be disclosed at a later point in time once we are sure that we have really nailed the exploit 100% so that other mod projects can also update their codebase.
If you could share details on the exploit and the patch with me (privately if you wish) I could help reviewing (and possibly improving) it :)

oneofthe8devilz

A short 2 minute snippet of today's PVP/Deathmatch MCS session... (I should have pressed the record button way way earlier, as this was quite entertaining)

I asked myself many times why it is so rare to meet authors/developers playing their own Doom3 Mod online against or with other players...
Maybe it is the weird experience of someone playing your mod better than yourself while you spent years working on it :o
I personally don't know if it is a good or a bad thing to get owned online by other players at my own project but it certainly is a lot of fun :))

Check out our mods at

oneofthe8devilz

One aspect of future MCS development is going to be Boss Battles.

The first half of the video shows clientside footage of a fight against a Boss enemy with one client.
The second half shows clientside footage with two client players against a stronger version of the Boss enemy.

Quote from: Dr.Betruger"Amazing things will happen here soon. You just wait."

Check out our mods at

caedes

any updates regarding this security issue?

how did you find it anyway? did people exploit your servers (or any other servers) or do only you (and your team) know about it?

oneofthe8devilz

Playing an online round of MCS "Sucker Punch Ball" with players from 5 nations...

Improved Netcode FTW :)

Check out our mods at

oneofthe8devilz

Showcasing our fully multiplayer compatible time manipulation feature which properly propagates across the network/internet affecting the dedicated server and all connected clients.

The final idea is to implement a "time powerup item" that allows a client/player to manipulate the gametime to his advantage for a brief period of time.

The slowmo code is a neat way to showcase how good and solid the 12 year old Doom3 ragdoll system still looks and performs compared to many recently released titles.

It also illustrates nicely how much more sophisticated the projectile based weapons look and feel (you can literally see every single bullet flying!) compared to the hitscan based approach most other titles use.

Oh and btw, without me using the slow-motion code to my advantage, I would have gotten my ass handed to me in this multiplayer PVP match, so many thanks to "GX" for biting the bullet and making me look skilled :D

Check out our mods at

VGames

Amazing once again man. Can't wait to see your finished product.
Get the latest on Perfected Doom 3 here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

oneofthe8devilz

Just dropping by to let you guys know that LINUX support is now an official thing for MCS. >:D

I just finished creating my linux gamecode compiling pipeline this morning.

Not so sure if a MacOS build pipeline is worth the trouble I'd have to go through...

Check out our mods at

motorsep

oneofthe8devilz

Quote from: motorsep on March 29, 2016, 02:08:17 PM
Did ID fix master server after all ?

Not yet... but why don't you post that question here instead ?

Check out our mods at

The Happy Friar

Yeah!  That include dedicated server stuff too?