Make a red version of the Guardian Seeker's head light model

Started by VGames, September 20, 2015, 07:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneofthe8devilz

Quote from: Phrozo on September 22, 2015, 02:55:12 PM
To be fair the text editor method didn't work for me but blender showed the references, but yea...

You just have to look for the shader name, it is one of the few things that "survive" the binarization process when the .lwo file is being saved/written and you can usually find it at the beginning and end of the file when opened with a text editor:

Example "models/mapobjects/airlock/airlockbrace.lwo":

FORM 
tLWO2TAGS   (models/mapobjects/airlock/airlockbrace  LAYR                     PNTS  P2ÎöéA‹/›³Ö¿°@°  A‹/›Á@  @?ÿÿA‹/›Á`  2ÎöéA‹/›Á`  2ÎöéA|(÷˜  @?ÿÿAR=o˜  @°  @À  Áˆ  @?ÿÿ@À  Á°  @?ÿÿ@À  Á`  @?ÿÿARffÁ`  @_ÿÿA‹/›³Ö¿°@°  A‹/›¿€ @°  @À  Á@  @°  Á‹/›Á@  @?ÿÿÁ‹/›Á`  2ÎöéÁ‹/›Á`  @?ÿÿÀÀ  Á`  @?ÿÿÁRffÁ`  @°  ÀÀ  Á@  2ÎöéA|(÷Á`  @°  ÀÀ  Áˆ  @?ÿÿÀÀ  Á°  @?ÿÿÁR=o˜  2ÎöéÁ|(÷˜  2ÎöéÁ|(÷Á`  2ÎöéÁ‹/›³Ö¿°@_ÿÿÁ‹/›³Ö¿°@°  Á‹/›¿€ BBOX   2ÎöéÁ‹/›Â˜  @°  A‹/›³Ö¿°POLS  ¤FACE          

PTAG   ÔSURF                                 

!   "   #   $   %   &   '   (   )   *   +   ,   -   .   /   0   1   2   3  VMAD  `TXUV Auto_3_0     <]@>¤ÖÜ    <]@=¼ÿˆ   =»Ó¨>¤ÖÜ  =»Ó¨>¤ÖÜ   <]@=¼ÿˆ
=×úP=¼ÿx  =»Ó¨>¤ÖÜ
=×úP=¼ÿx  >$Jˆ>—&  >$Jˆ>—&
=×úP=¼ÿx >$Jˆ=Ø`  ?~"y?t  ?~"y?M\  ;Ÿš€?M\  ?~"y?t  ;Ÿš€?M\ ;Ÿš€?t$  ?dK;SX 
>$Jˆ=­*p   >$Jˆ;SX   ?dK;SX   ?dM=­*p
>$Jˆ=­*p  >ؐ>²{t  >ؐ>Ònî  >ؐ>µ#V  >ؐ>µ#V  >ؐ>Ònî  >ؐ>ÏÇ 
>ؐ>²{t 
=
à>Ònî 
>ؐ>Ònî  ?90>ÁIÌ  >ލÔ>íg®  >ލÔ>ÁIÌ  ?90>íg®  >ލÔ>íg®  ?90>ÁIÌ 
<XÀ>°ÒR 
=
à>Ònî 
=
à>²{t  >ؐ>²{t  =
à>²{t  =
à>Ònî  ?dM=Ðu€ >$Jˆ=Ðuˆ  ?dM=­*p  ?dM=­*p >$Jˆ=Ðuˆ
>$Jˆ=­*p >ލÔ>•+ì  >$Jˆ>•+ì >$Jˆ=Ðuˆ  >ލÔ>¦Ñx >†z,>¦Ñx >ލÔ>•+ì >ލÔ>•+ì >†z,>¦Ñx  >$Jˆ>•+ì >†z,>¦Ñx  >$Jˆ>¦Ñx  >$Jˆ>•+ì  >K¢¤>Ê,Œ  >$Jˆ>Ê,ˆ  >$Jˆ>¦Ñx >...(ž>¦Ñx  >K¢¤>Ê,Œ  >$Jˆ>¦Ñx  >½|?U" ;Ÿš€?t$  ;Ÿš€?U"  >½|?U"  ?~"y?t ;Ÿš€?t$  ?~"y?·  ?~"y?t  >½|?U"  ?~"y?·  >½|?U"  >½|?"?  <XÀ>°ÒR   <XÀ>Ô  =
à>Ònî  =
à>Ònî   <XÀ>Ô  =
à>Ô  >ÓVR>ʘ   >°%ú>¶ >ÓVP>¨_D  >°%ø>ìд  >°%ú>¶  >ÓVR>ʘ   =»Ó¨>¤ÖÔ  =×úP=¼ÿp  <]@=¼ÿp   <]@>¤ÖØ   =»Ó¨>¤ÖÔ   <]@=¼ÿp  !=»Ó¨>¤ÖÔ
!>$Jˆ>—&  !=×úP=¼ÿp
">$Jˆ>—&  ">$Jˆ=Ø_ø  "=×úP=¼ÿp  #?~"y>ñ  #?~"y?·  #;Ÿš€>ñ  $;Ÿš€>ñ  $?~"y?·  $;Ÿš€?¬
%?dM>•+ì  %?90>•+ì  %?dM=Ðu€  &?e9Ø>¦Ñx  &?90>¦Ñx  &?90>•+ì  '?dM>¦Ñx  '?e9Ø>¦Ñx
'?dM>•+ì
(?dM>•+ì  (?e9Ø>¦Ñx  (?90>•+ì  )?dM>¦Ñx  )?uŽF>Ê,ˆ  )?eâž>¦Ñx  *?dM>Ê,ˆ  *?uŽF>Ê,ˆ  *?dM>¦Ñx  +;Ÿš€?¬  +?~"y?·  +>½|?"?  ,;Ÿš€?¬  ,>½|?"?  ,;Ÿš€?"?  -=
à>°ÒR  -<XÀ>°ÒR  -=
à>²{t  .>ÓVP>Ê—ü  .>ÓVP>¨_D  .>°%ú>¶  />°%ü>ìа  />ÓVP>Ê—ü  />°%ú>¶  0?dM=Ðu€ 0>ލÔ>•+ì 0>$Jˆ=Ðuˆ  1?90>ÁIÌ  1>ލÔ>ÁIÌ 1>ލÔ>•+ì  2?90>ÁIÌ 2>ލÔ>•+ì  2?90>•+ì  3?dM=Ðu€  3?90>•+ì 3>ލÔ>•+ìSURF  ¶models/mapobjects/airlock/airlockbrace    COLR >LÌÍ>ÌÌÍ?fff  LUMI       DIFF ?€    SPEC       REFL       TRAN       TRNL       RIND ?€    BUMP ?€    GLOS >ÌÌÍ  SMAN     BLOK üIMAP *€ CHAN COLROPAC   ?€    ENAB  NEGA   TMAP hCNTR               SIZE ?€  ?€  ?€    ROTA               FALL                 OREF (none)  CSYS   PROJ  AXIS  IMAG   WRAP   WRPW ?€    WRPH ?€    VMAP
Auto_3_0  AAST  ?€  PIXB  

In this example case the shader name is "models/mapobjects/airlock/airlockbrace" and the shader is defined in "materials/mapobjects.mtr"...
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

Phrozo

But did you try the LWO I posted? I just tried it in notepad and was able to read it better, but in ConTEXT, notepad++, and another text editor the output was too unreadable. Plus that is far from ideal. Blender gave the exact names needed.

VGames

Thanks guys. What Phrozo said was exactly what I needed. A way to change the skin via a script file. I already knew which material files it used by opening up the LWO file with notepad. The problem I had was I couldn't make changes to that file with notepad++ without corrupting the model. The script command is what I needed. Thanks.
Get the latest on Perfected Doom 3 here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

VGames

Get the latest on Perfected Doom 3 here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

VGames

Is there any way to resize these models through the script file? Or not?

solarsplace

Hi

No, this is not possible.

The only way to do this is import the model into a suitable modelling program and scale the model and export as a new model.

Have a look at the Kats Bits site for all sorts of modeling tutorials and import / export scripts.

http://www.katsbits.com/tools/

Cheers

VGames