Mars City Security: "It's Done !", Releasedate and Current Build Testing

Started by oneofthe8devilz, August 22, 2015, 02:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneofthe8devilz

Mars City Security: Taking Doom³ PVE (Coop) and PVP (Deathmatch) multiplayer combat to the next level and beyond

Credits to the amazing Doom3 Community members that make MCS possible

Fellow spacemarines,

"It's done" and MCS finally has a release date !

On September 27th 2015 it's payback time and the MCS Delta Squad will be kicking demonic asses straight back to hell...

...before announcing it on moddb and co I would like to give some of the Doom3 community members a chance to download and take a look at the current Release Candidate Build for feedback and final polish...

In case you are interested to help out and would like to test the different coop and adversarial modes, just send me a private message or an e-mail at "oneofthe8devilz@hotmail.com".

Confirmed MCS RC testers will receive download, installation and connection instructions.

See you guys soon on Mars (and Earth) ;)

***Update***

We already started to collect valuable feedback the past days...

With increasing test-member-counts, we will now be hosting daily MCS gaming test sessions between (20:00 - 0:00 CET).

In case during the game session testing times (20:00 - 0:00 CET) the original dedicated server address is unreachable (due to Server Hardware Migration) try the secondary backup server ip address hosted at "178.201.171.214".
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

VGames

Get the latest on Perfected Doom 3 here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

The Happy Friar

oneofthe8devilz

Check out our mods at

VGames

Get the latest on Perfected Doom 3 here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

oneofthe8devilz

I am especially curious on the AMD/ATI GPU users feedback, because unfortunately all of my development PCs use NVIDIA GPUs...

Check out our mods at

VGames

I'm using an ATI GPU and an AMD CPU. Will let u know how it performs.

BielBdeLuna

VGames

OK just played a little MCS and I got to say that it is the best experience I've had with Doom 3. And I love my mod to death. oneofthe8devilz has done a great job. He and I mowed through a couple of coop maps and then played a Demon Wars map which was awesome. The connection was so smooth and the frame rate was above 60 fps the whole time. And my net connection really sucks right now and the server was on the other side of the globe! Excellent work. So fun. Can't wait for tomorrow.

oneofthe8devilz

It's really fun seeing it coming to life... today more RC Testers should come online so we can test Coop, Demon Wars and PVP with more players  8)

Check out our mods at

romulus_ut3

I'll try to make some time to give this a spin. :) I'm very fond of your work.

oneofthe8devilz

Quote from: romulus_ut3 on August 23, 2015, 05:12:12 AM
I'll try to make some time to give this a spin. :) I'm very fond of your work.

Just make sure to pm or e-mail me so I can keep track of the testers and provide the access information.

Check out our mods at

oneofthe8devilz

We already started to collect valuable feedback the past days...

With increasing test-member-counts, we will now be hosting daily MCS gaming test sessions between 20:00 - 0:00 CET. 

Check out our mods at

bkt

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on August 22, 2015, 04:50:32 PM
I am especially curious on the AMD/ATI GPU users feedback, because unfortunately all of my development PCs use NVIDIA GPUs...
If you have Sikkmod related ATI issues that are at all to the ones I had with False Dawn, there are a few variables that you'll either have to hard code (remove the cvar) or set to the default (working) value in an autoexec.  You'll also need to put in a disclaimer urging ATI users to disable Catalyst AI, which completely breaks Sikkmod's rendering.