News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

Re: The VR Tech Discussion Thread (without motorsep comments)

Started by motorsep, May 26, 2016, 01:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorsep

Since devilz removes my comments (or maybe it was THF) and keeps lying to people about his so called VR experience, I am forced to open this thread.

So, devilz, how can you play Thief 3 in VR, where is no port of it for VR, nor VorpX support for it for DK2/Rift ?!

Streaming (which is what you do with your ancient S5) is not VR. It simply puts you in front of a large screen. There is no 360 deg. environment. It's just same old PC game in front of you on 2D screen. Not to mention latency and ghosting that come with streaming to S5.

And because you are lying, yet again, you removed my question from your thread.

You also can't possibly get VR sickness when streaming, since it's not VR. And if you use your cardboard with S5 for true VR, you get simulation sickness because S5 is not designed for VR. It lacks power, it lacks fast IMUs and it lacks proper display. All of those make your VR experience shit. Get yourself S7 and Gear VR and then you can truly say what makes you puke in VR.

motorsep

I don't buy this. For once, no one in the world figured it out, but you out of all people did, using S5(!).

There is a place in the video where you move you phone and camera moves forward. You explicitly stated there is no positional tracking, and yet, how did the camera move?!

And what is it you holding behind your phone?

motorsep

motorsep

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on May 26, 2016, 02:47:25 PM
No... I don't use Trinus (tried it and it sucked.. totally unsuited performance and quality wise) and since you didn't comply about deleting your replicate threads our discussion is over...

Again, a douche move. It's not helping your case. Note that I am not the only one asking about how exactly you did it (check your thread).

Another reason why I take issue with your "inventions" is that no one in the world don't seem to be able to figure out VR as cheap as streaming from conventional PC to a smarphone with low latency in the same as PC quality, and yet you did.

If that was the case, not only it could have been figured out already by someone else, before you even got to VR, but also you could have been a billionaire by now, offering cheap and outstanding VR for masses. I mean, playing new Doom in such VR should be a blast, right ?

motorsep

Quote from: motorsep on May 26, 2016, 02:54:40 PM
The problem is you don't say how exactly it's DIY. There are several apps for streaming, and one of them supports head tracking. However, you don't specify. And that's what discredits you, even if what you showing is legit.

What if I don't want to share that information with you ? What if I actually enjoy the fact that you are restricted to your crappy Mobile GearVR apps while I get to play and enjoy all the latest Desktop games in full-blown-butter-smooth VR ? What if I consider this to be the best punishment to an ignorant troll such as you are ? I bet that thought didn't even cross your narcissistic mind yet :).

I knew you were delusional, but this is a whole new crazy  >:D

Gear VR is quite sweet for what it is. You can't possibly have so called "full-blown-butter-smooth VR" without actual Rift/Vive. If that was the case, there would be no Rift/Vive and what we all would have is what you shamming us with here.

And please Google "narcissistic". You are the one who is self-obsessed. You remind me of some false prophets who come out and say "gather my children. Today I am gonna show you another of my miracles - my new version of MCS mod for Linux that runs at 1000 ms ping as if it runs on LAN, but better! It already exists!". A voice from the parish: "Where can I get it?!". You: "Oh you can't! You have to wait for this gift of mine".

In other words, all you do is tease people, make it look like you know it all, but in reality you know shit. I still chuckle when I recall asking you about day/night skybox blending and you vomited something like "oh, it's a special custom skybox ARB shader". In reality it was just material thing, supported by stock Doom 3 (that's when I figured it out on my own).

Keep on bragging. That's the only thing you are good at.

I got you exactly in the spot I want you to be in and if you feel uncomfortable about it: Go and find your own solutions and stop pestering me and the others here.

Lol, ok. Keep thinking that. I already forgot about you devil's gift of VR until I saw your reply this morning. Only in your dreams I can't think of anything else but how to figure out devilz' contractions, you moron.

motorsep

No, you just a fucking retard, that's all. Having custom shader for skybox is no nonsense. That's what should have been done if engine didn't support skybox blending already. But it did, and you just had no clue about it. Just like you have no clue about many, many things in the engine and art pipeline.

motorsep

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on May 27, 2016, 11:26:22 AM
... but I use a custom skybox shader in combination with a custom skybox entity...

That's because you are retard. Probably didn't even look into the problem yourself (since you are incapable idiot) and asked someone to do it, who also didn't have a clue about material system and decided to do ARB shader instead. Bravo, you are good at being inefficient.