Started by oneofthe8devilz, April 25, 2015, 04:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneofthe8devilz

CrossPlatform Multiplayer OS Setup Specs
-------------------------------------------------
- Dedicated Server: Linux Ubuntu
- Client1 (blue): Windows7
- Client2 (red): Android Lollipop

(click the image to playback the youtube video)

Just got my hands on an android mobile phone... so the first thing I did was testing the idtech4 CrossPlatform multiplayer capabilities... ;)
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

motorsep

Where is that sexy uniform lighting and shadows on mobile? :/

oneofthe8devilz

The DIII4A programmer obviously has disabled it for Multiplayer (probably had a slower mobile back then)...

In Singleplayer it runs fully dynamic with shadows and shading, which can be seen here.

So my first feature for a custom MCS based android build (merging the DIII4A portation code) will be to re-enable dynamic shading and shadowing for Multiplayer on Android...

Check out our mods at

motorsep

Watched that vid - cool.

FPS on Android == fail. Hard to play because controls are awkward. Best and most successful games use touch/swipe controls and they aren't FPS games ;) Maybe making a game using id Tech 4 on Android is a better idea? Something like point and click adventure or quest.

oneofthe8devilz

A little update on the multiplayer "flat shading" issue on android devices...

Check out our mods at

oneofthe8devilz

Idtech4 Android/Windows/Linux True CrossPlatform Multiplayer Footage

Not too long ago you needed a several thousand dollars high performance gaming computer to be able to run this at those quality settings...
And now it runs on my mobile phone with complete CrossPlatform Multiplayer capabilities...

Check out our mods at

MrC

oneofthe8devilz

Quote from: MrC on May 08, 2017, 06:29:48 AM
Can't articulate how awesome this is, great job!

Yeah we live in amazing times  :))

Updated the first post in this thread with a link to a new video and CrossPlatform Multiplayer OS Spec details.

CrossPlatform Multiplayer OS Setup Specs
-------------------------------------------------
- Dedicated Server: Linux Ubuntu
- Client1 (blue): Windows7
- Client2 (red): Android Lollipop

Check out our mods at

The Happy Friar

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on May 07, 2017, 01:45:54 PM
Not too long ago you needed a several thousand dollars high performance gaming computer to be able to run this at those quality settings...
And now it runs on my mobile phone with complete CrossPlatform Multiplayer capabilities...

I felt the same way when I ran MP Q2 on our tablet + PC at the same time & ran Carmageddon on the kids tablet.  :)

motorsep

To breath some life into this stale world of Doom 3.....

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on May 08, 2017, 06:45:57 AM
Updated the first post in this thread with a link to a new video and CrossPlatform Multiplayer OS Spec details.

Who cares?! Have you heard of VR and Doom 3 BFG VR mod? That's what's in nowadays, not Android or lag-free Doom 3 multiplayer!!!
>:D >:D >:D

oneofthe8devilz

QuoteAfter having showcased native Android Doom3 CrossPlatform Multiplayer footage some blonde punk kids started flapping their gums about how one would never
be competitive on a mobile phone with touch controls vs PC MasterRace enemy Players on the same multiplayer Server...

So to shut those punk kids up, here some footage of a fully wireless/bluetooth enabled Mouse & Keyboard controlled native Android Doom3 gameplay...

Check out our mods at

The Happy Friar

The Happy Friar

I am not sure that a decade ago you could have mp d3 on a handheld device w/ it looking like d3 (lighting and all).