News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

Hallowed Mod

Started by aphexjh, January 26, 2015, 10:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphexjh

**New Preview Trailer**

**Previous Update**

Hallowed Mod Beta Release is now available at www.moddb.com

Including 3 levels & an original score.

**original post**

Hi All,

Thought you guys might like to play a mod I just released. Currently, the mod is quite short, it will grow in length hopefully.
Hallowed Mod is a single player Doom 3 Campaign which adds new textures, original music, a new mainmenu gui with a custom "wipe", new materials and particles, and some custom effects for destructible objects/events (ie:rubble and rock bits)
There are also some "characters" which make an appearance in this mod.
Here is the download if you are interested in playing:
your feedback is always appreciated

The Happy Friar

so far so cool.  :)  I'm past that room but that room is soooooooooooooooooo cool.

Bladeghost

Very interesting, although when falling into the pit and dying maybe perhaps having a trigger multiple to teleport back to the start of the pit instead of just dying so one can retry the passage as a suggestion. one thing missing is a description file for the mod selection? and anyone that has clean paks for development I suggest they get taken out or else all the particles will have artifacts. as well as no dev files in your base folder. and there is no hallowed folder in the .zip I had to make one. for the main menu you can replace the mars model with the orb as it is it seems to just be a background screen only. need any help I'd be glad to show a few things.
I did like all the falling towers that was good, but after I died in the pit it was a bit discouraging, a few things could use some work but overall, great job!

The Happy Friar

Quote from: Bladeghost on January 27, 2015, 02:12:46 PM
I did like all the falling towers that was good, but after I died in the pit it was a bit discouraging,

I didn't die in the pit until the 4th play through of the first room.  I actually thought I couldn't fall in until then.  :)

aphexjh

Quote from: Bladeghost on January 27, 2015, 02:12:46 PM(no) description file for the mod selection?

I don't know what that is :(

Quote from: Bladeghost on January 27, 2015, 02:12:46 PMneed any help I'd be glad to show a few things.

Yes, please. That would be very helpful.

Quote from: Bladeghost on January 27, 2015, 02:12:46 PM
...when falling into the pit and dying maybe perhaps having a trigger multiple to teleport back to the start of the pit instead

I have used those triggers in another iteration of this level, but I just feel like I need to punish the player a little here. I will consider it, though.

Quote from: Bladeghost on January 27, 2015, 02:12:46 PMfor the main menu you can replace the mars model with the orb as it is it seems to just be a background screen only.
The mars model is replaced by a model, but the "light origin" may have wandered off somewhere, please let me know if the wall model is appearing in game.
Quote from: The Happy Friar on January 27, 2015, 11:42:59 AM
so far so cool.  :)  I'm past that room but that room is soooooooooooooooooo cool.
Thank you guys, your feedback means a lot! Friar, I hope you don't mind if I post your screenshots to the mod page.

The Happy Friar

Post away.
I've also put them in the rotation on my news site.

Bladeghost

@aphexjh you can look at a start mod tutorial I wrote back in 2007 that has a .pdf that will describe a few things.
might find some of it useful.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/9860852/kingtut.zip

I don't know who added the .cfg and .cmd files but those can be deleted.
as well as the game86.dll in the .zip
apperantly someone ran it and resaved it and uploaded it without my permission but the modsetup101.pdf should help a bit.

Bladeghost

or better yet here I'll just post the description entry from the pdf as it goes into some detail about that.

3. description.txt
This is the mods name as it will appear in the doom3 mods
directory. It is simply a .txt file written with notepad or
equivalent and has the name with a ^ symbol and a number
for the color of the name. an example is ^1KingTut
would read as KingTut in red.
And for each color they are as follows:
^1KingTut = KingTut 1= Red
^2KingTut = KingTut 2= Green
^3KingTut = KingTut 3= Yellow
^4KingTut = KingTut 4= Blue
^5KingTut = KingTut 5= Lt. Blue
^6KingTut = KingTut 6= Violet
^7KingTut = KingTut 7= White
^8KingTut = KingTut 8= Gray
^9KingTut = KingTut 9= Black
The highest number is 9 as 10 would make it 0KingTut
When you've selected a color you like, all that gets written in
the description.txt file is (example) ^1KingTut
^1 for red text and saved as
description.txt and goes in the mod folder.

aphexjh

Hi All, 

I am asking for your feedback, I have another release of Hallowed Mod and I have made some changes as well as added a lot.
Please check out the mod and let me know your thoughts http://www.hallowedmod.com/

motorsep

Pretty! Are you blending level into skybox an that image? o.O

aphexjh

Well, yes and no. The terrain, which predominates the image, is all geometry in the level. However, I have tried to make the physical environment share as much affinity as possible with the skybox, in terms of color and theme, so in that sense there is some blending going on.

motorsep

Quote from: aphexjh on July 31, 2015, 12:10:08 PM
Well, yes and no. The terrain, which predominates the image, is all geometry in the level. However, I have tried to make the physical environment share as much affinity as possible with the skybox, in terms of color and theme, so in that sense there is some blending going on.

So there is no special trick / material, just matching visual component ?

aphexjh

no, there is no trick. You can download it and see, it's just plain old level geo.

**edit**

also, I will be making periodic updates to the download, so make sure you get the most recent release.

The Happy Friar

I'd suggest you give each update a different filename.  That way people don't always need to download to see if something is now, they can check the file name. 

aphexjh

Good suggestion Friar, I will do that.

Thank you, Oneofthe8Devilz, for your permission and help in making this update.