News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

RBDOOM3-BFG GUI system

Started by Manson, August 07, 2015, 05:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trebor

As I said:

I also have a .bswf -> Flash converter in the works but it is also not complete:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sdnaejpgig8mxs/Screenshot%202015-06-10%2017.49.19.png?dl=0

Then you could use Flash directly with any Flash decompiler to make mods.

caedes

Quote from: motorsep on August 07, 2015, 04:34:38 PM
And I quote "Engine based on (RB) Doom 3 BFG aiming to allow the creation of standalone games" So, who creates standalone games? Non-indies ? Modders? Publishers? Give me a break!
I don't give a flying fuck who uses OTE. We do it for fun. Anyway, I think it's useful for any project that has a capable programmer and wants to create something standalone based on the Doom3 BFG engine (possibly for projects without capable programmers too, if they can live with what's already implemented).

The goal is allowing to create standalone games - and we do that by integrating a GUI-system that can be used without buying deprecated Adobe Software (and which even has a graphical editor) and by providing the minimal assets (entity definitions, basic scripts, editor textures and some other basic textures) one need to get started without relying on any proprietary assets from Doom3 (BFG).
If someone doesn't want to use CEGUI that's fine, at least our CEGUI integration shows how to integrate alternative GUI systems. If anyone wants to integrate librocket, for example, our CEGUI code will be very helpful to find out how to do that. Of course to do that you'll still need a halfway competent programmer, but that should not be a big problem for most projects (that haven't pissed off everyone yet).
In fact, I've integrated ImGui for tools and it was very easy by doing pretty much the same things (passing events, rendering at the end of the frame, ...) as for CEGUI.

motorsep

Quote from: caedes on August 07, 2015, 09:13:54 PM
If anyone wants to integrate librocket, for example

But the question is why not to do HTML5 ? Too complicated or some other reason ?

BielBdeLuna

there you have it, you're  questioning the developer capacity when he is exposing his freedom. why? because you don't like his decisions ? why not take another stance instead, and offer your proposal? or even offer your help?

motorsep

Quote from: BielBdeLuna on August 08, 2015, 02:54:25 AM
there you have it, you're  questioning the developer capacity when he is exposing his freedom. why? because you don't like his decisions ? why not take another stance instead, and offer your proposal? or even offer your help?

Did you wake up on a wrong side of the be today?  :o

I am asking because I'd like to know educated opinion about HTML5 GUI integration. No conspiracy here.

caedes

I don't really understood the question.
Was it "Why not librocket?" or "Why not HTML5?" (because I think librocket is xhtml with css2 and some html5 and css3 features).

Why not librocket? - I don't like HTML

Why not HTML5 - I don't want a whole webbrowser in the engine :-P
I guess if you have HTML and CSS the next thing people will demand is javascript and you'll find yourself integrating chromium embedded and then people will have funny ideas like "let's have an ingame webbrowser" and suddenly you gotta keep that thing up to date because of security vulnerabilities... (+ having a whole browserengine in the game is really bloated)

motorsep

I see. Thanks for the explanation, caedes.

oneofthe8devilz

@Motorsep, for the sake of your own humanity start reflecting the things you post...

This is not about Doom3 or idtech4... for all I know this could be a forum about cup-cakes and you would still be posting the same way you do now and I would still be writing this message to you...

You can't in all seriousness read through your posts and their feedback for the past 3 years and say they were ALL 100% retardness free...

In case you actually can, please seek professional help and I mean this in all honesty and sincere well-meaningful ways as I would really enjoy seeing you become a productive and useful member of this community...

I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

motorsep

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on August 08, 2015, 09:38:08 AM
@Motorsep, for the sake of your own humanity start reflecting the things you post...

This is not about Doom3 or idtech4... for all I know this could be a forum about cup-cakes and you would still be posting the same way you do now and I would still be writing this message to you...

You can't in all seriousness read through your posts and their feedback for the past 3 years and say they were ALL 100% retardness free...

In case you actually can, please seek professional help and I mean this in all honesty and sincere well-meaningful ways as I would really enjoy seeing you become a productive and useful member of this community...

Thank you for your concerns, but I am just fine. I recall you are one of the back patters from d3w, and it simply irks you when I don't say "OMG, your mod is so awesome! Good job!" and things like that. I think you just never had arguments over various subjects in real-life. I feel sorry for you.

oneofthe8devilz

Quote from: motorsep on August 08, 2015, 09:55:05 AM
Thank you for your concerns, but I am just fine. I recall you are one of the back patters from d3w, and it simply irks you when I don't say "OMG, your mod is so awesome! Good job!" and things like that. I think you just never had arguments over various subjects in real-life. I feel sorry for you.

Denial is the first step to acceptance  ;)

Check out our mods at

motorsep

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on August 08, 2015, 09:57:26 AM

Denial is the first step to acceptance  ;)

Are you talking about yourself?

oneofthe8devilz

Are you talking about yourself?

You know, if I would be a psychology student I am sure you would be a very interesting subject to study...

Like maybe you could answer the question if a person that is behaving the way you are, is actually knowing and "aware" about its own abnormality or not...

I read that most people experiencing a psychotic phase are not even aware of their abnormal behavior... maybe it is a similar case with you ?

I myself have witnessed countless of truly skilled D3 community members over the past years addressing your abnormal behavior and directly confronting you with it and yet still you stayed completely unaffected...

Maybe you just have great repression mechanisms or maybe you are just simply learn-resistant...

In any case you are a very interesting case study because I have yet to come across another individual across the internet with similar attributes regarding community communication behaviors.

I wonder if the things I just mentioned make any sense to you but in case not it would strongly support that theory...

Check out our mods at

motorsep

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on August 08, 2015, 10:24:29 AM
I myself have witnessed countless of truly skilled D3 community members over the past years addressing your abnormal behavior and directly confronting you with it and yet still you stayed completely

Maybe I don't give a flying fuck about what you think?  ::)

Being truly skilled and not being able to accept criticism toward the antiquated engine and the practices happening on the forums (back patting) have nothing in common. There are a few people like you are on Blender forums, swearing that BGE is UE4 killer, despite numerous people telling them, with facts, that's not true.

I get it, in your eyes idTech 4 is God's gift to the world, which is somehow overlooked by everyone, except the selected few, who happen to dwell here, on this forums. And ID Tech guys can come down here and tell you straight to your face that you are not quite right. You will still ignore what creators of the engine have to say, and you will keep rolling on with it. It's you little outlet for you and you simply can't take when people point our flaws of technology.

Note that if dingleballz and you wouldn't derail thread into personal debate, it would have been much shorter, contained mostly technical info and probably would have been over with caedes replying to my question.

oneofthe8devilz

Motorsep, this is not about game engines. This is about you as an individual.

I use many different engines in different projects. Cryengine, UE3, UE4, idtech4, ArmA1, ArmA3. Also I have no reason to be competitive with you as I don't work on commercial projects nor do I develop for the community in first place (but just for myself, family and friends). So I am as neutral as one can be.

So again Motorsep, I am asking you, what is your major malfunction, that makes you act the way you do on these forums here ?

Check out our mods at

motorsep

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on August 08, 2015, 10:39:22 AM
Motorsep, this is not about game engines. This is about you as an individual.

What about me? Do you expect me to please you by responding to people posts nicely all the time?

If someone posts some stupid stuff, or they post an opinion that has nothing to do with it's a correct choice or not, but they make it sound like it's the best choice, I am gonna post my opinion about the subject, where it aligns with your views or not.

I use many different engines in different projects. Cryengine, UE3, UE4, idtech4, ArmA1, ArmA3. Also I have no reason to be competitive with you as I don't work on commercial projects nor do I develop for the community in first place (but just for myself, family and friends). So I am as neutral as one can be.

Are you? I think not. Otherwise we wouldn't have this conversation.

So again Motorsep, I am asking you, what is your major malfunction, that makes you act the way you do on these forums here ?

I don't have any malfunctions. You can't even clearly explain why I'm such a bother to you personally.