News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

How to implement weapon toggle

Started by gameragodzilla, March 11, 2016, 10:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameragodzilla

Quote from: The Happy Friar on March 15, 2016, 02:01:20 PM
I need you to click on those fields in that dialog box so it shows the entire path name for everything, please.

I stretched it out so you can just see everything at once. Is that fine?

EDIT: I also want to mention that because I was using Visual Studio 2013 and not 2010, I didn't know which exact folder to put atlmfc into, as there were folders for Visual Studio 2013, 2012, etc. I didn't see 2010. One of them already had another atlmfc inside that I replaced but the others didn't. I just put them in all of them at once. Is that a problem?

The Happy Friar

That looks like your problem.  You overrode the existing ones it looks like.  Include should be like this:
$(VC_IncludePath)
$(WindowsSDK_IncludePath)

Lib like this:
$(VC_LibraryPath_x86)
$(WindowsSDK_LibraryPath_x86)

You would add the DX stuff to those, not replace.

gameragodzilla

Quote from: The Happy Friar on March 15, 2016, 09:38:10 PM
That looks like your problem.  You overrode the existing ones it looks like.  Include should be like this:
$(VC_IncludePath)
$(WindowsSDK_IncludePath)

Lib like this:
$(VC_LibraryPath_x86)
$(WindowsSDK_LibraryPath_x86)

You would add the DX stuff to those, not replace.

Oh, okay.

EDIT: I still seem to be getting errors. :\

Man this is difficult. You know where the PDA code is usually stored? That's the only thing left that's buggy.

The Happy Friar

No clue where the PDA code is stored.  :p

What errors now?

gameragodzilla

Quote from: The Happy Friar on March 15, 2016, 10:02:12 PM
No clue where the PDA code is stored.  :p

What errors now?

Same errors. 300 or so repeats of Cannot open include file tmschecma.h: No such file in directory.

The Happy Friar

Re-run the Community 2013 installer & install the Microsoft Foundation Classes for C++.  Those are needed for the GPL code.

gameragodzilla

Quote from: The Happy Friar on March 16, 2016, 12:01:44 AM
Re-run the Community 2013 installer & install the Microsoft Foundation Classes for C++.  Those are needed for the GPL code.

Man, this is hard.

Is it possible for you to just upload your already useable version so I can just plant it in my Program Files and call it a day?

The Happy Friar

of msvc?  no, won't work like that.  :)

gameragodzilla

Quote from: The Happy Friar on March 17, 2016, 07:12:35 AM
of msvc?  no, won't work like that.  :)
Okay, considering I've been having consistent issues getting this thing to work, can you just give me a straight, for idiots tutorial with links to everything? I'm just gonna uninstall everything right now and then reinstall it to your instructions, because it seems like no matter what I do, it never works.

Thank you.

The Happy Friar

don't uninstall anything!  The installer only downloads what you don't have, and if you already have it installed it doesn't re-install/re-download.

gameragodzilla

Quote from: The Happy Friar on March 17, 2016, 10:16:49 PM
don't uninstall anything!  The installer only downloads what you don't have, and if you already have it installed it doesn't re-install/re-download.

Okay. Still, I need some idiot proof, 1 through whatever, step plan so I can get it working, because no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it working and I'm just constantly installing and downloading things and it's filling up my hard drive with a bunch of junk.

I guess I'm not cut out for this.

gameragodzilla

EDIT: I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING! The mod works perfectly now (for the most part). The gun toggles properly, the ammunition reserves are correct, the gun loads in the maps, the gun has proper HUD and PDA elements (outside of an extra "slot" on the gun bar). It works. Here's the final version for anyone who wants to try it out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp1e0i5f7l0c135/Doom%203%20Double%20Barrel%20Shotgun.zip?dl=0