News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

id Tech 7 is upon us !

Started by motorsep, June 30, 2018, 08:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorsep

Supposedly Doom Eternal will be moddable and Rage 2 might be moddable later after initial launch.

Snehk

We'll see if it'd really be, but let's hope that Zenimax won't do anything against it.

motorsep

Quote from: Snehk on August 11, 2018, 05:04:18 PM
We'll see if it'd really be, but let's hope that Zenimax won't do anything against it.

Mods or no mods, I am getting Doom Eternal and Rage 2  ???

motorsep

Supposedly will only run on Vulkan on PC and no mods/SnapMap initially for neither of the game due to lack of traction with SnapMap in Doom 2016 (not whole a lot of people used it). At this era I think I am quite fine with having no mods, considering even Quake 1 gets only a small amount of decent maps and mods (I don't even remember any new worthy mods from the past few years, except Arcane Dimensions). As long as ID keeps single player content coming, I think it will be all good :)

The Happy Friar

I watched the IGN 7 minutes of Doom Eternal gameplay.  Is it just me or did they make it more like Doom vs the previous one?   Hot damn, I'm happy just watching it.  :)  The imps look like they have more spikes on their back, the dudes with the red eyes reminds me of the shotgunners, pinkies look more pinky-ish.   I like the new finishing kills I've seen in the video.
Overall, I am excited.  It seems they kept what was right with the previous one & added more stuff to this one.  Hopefully the fixed the MP to be more Doom like too.  :)

motorsep

Quote from: The Happy Friar on August 13, 2018, 04:32:04 PM
I watched the IGN 7 minutes of Doom Eternal gameplay.  Is it just me or did they make it more like Doom vs the previous one?   Hot damn, I'm happy just watching it.  :)  The imps look like they have more spikes on their back, the dudes with the red eyes reminds me of the shotgunners, pinkies look more pinky-ish.   I like the new finishing kills I've seen in the video.
Overall, I am excited.  It seems they kept what was right with the previous one & added more stuff to this one.  Hopefully the fixed the MP to be more Doom like too.  :)

Yep, they even said they brought back classics from Doom :)

MP is now done internally at ID, so maybe something good will come out of it.

The Happy Friar

Just an FYI, if I seem behind on Doom news it's because I am trying to avoid to much info from it.  Besides time, it's still fun to go "whoah, didn't know that!" when I install it!  :D

Snehk

From what they've shown, the money spent on buying it would still be well worth it!

Kuchta

There's still no exact release date for Doom Eternal, right?
These are the best probiotics for women according to experts.

motorsep

Quote from: Kuchta on February 25, 2019, 06:26:26 AM
There's still no exact release date for Doom Eternal, right?

Nope, but I bet we'll hear something by QuakeCon 2019