News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

Re: New Doom (2016) Thread

Started by LDAsh, April 02, 2016, 10:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LDAsh

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on April 02, 2016, 07:33:01 AM
(Motorsep, I would suggest to finally invest in a new system to replace the prehistoric thing you call a computer, especially if you would like to be taken serious as an indie FPS game developer ::))
Wouldn't the fact that he's using a "prehistoric thing" to create new interesting functional content be cause for him to be taken MORE serious as a developer, instead of less?  That's my opinion, definitely.  Your statement just made you sound like a complete pair of buttocks.  Motorsep is a name that comes up when considering the people who are doing great things with idTech, along with The Dark Mod team and some others, while you...  not really at all.  And I don't think it would matter how much money you spend on a new computer to change that.

motorsep

VGames

Quote from: LDAsh on April 02, 2016, 10:38:20 AM
Motorsep is a name that comes up when considering the people who are doing great things with idTech, along with The Dark Mod team and some others, while you...  not really at all.

What in the heck are you talking about?!

You're rank says a lot about your opinion.
Get the latest on Perfected Doom 3 here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

rebarkillburst

im on the wait and see approach with this new doom.  Ive heard some ppl calling it "Halo with a doom skin". I'll wait a year after it's released, and see if the MP still has players. 

The Happy Friar

Quote from: rebarkillburst on April 02, 2016, 01:16:43 PM
im on the wait and see approach with this new doom.  Ive heard some ppl calling it "Halo with a doom skin". I'll wait a year after it's released, and see if the MP still has players.

Get it for the single player.  I give the MP less life the Doom 3. 

For those who want a modern old-school shooter multiplayer setup, DNF is the way to go.  Doom is pretty much sterilized Q3A.  All the flavor has been removed to keep the largest (and most likely to jump ship) player base appeased.  Not saying it won't be fun for short bursts (a map or two at a time), just not worth more attention then that.

LDAsh

Quote from: VGames on April 02, 2016, 12:00:36 PM
Motorsep is a name that comes up when considering the people who are doing great things with idTech, along with The Dark Mod team and some others, while you...  not really at all.

Judging people's opinions based purely on post count/rank is just as adolscent and ludicrous as judging how serious a developer they are based on the computer they can afford.  Both points of view come off as pretty arrogant and desperate.

motorsep

Quote from: LDAsh on April 02, 2016, 01:47:57 PMJudging people's opinions based purely on post count/rank is just as adolscent and ludicrous as judging how serious a developer they are based on the computer they can afford.  Both points of view come off as pretty arrogant and desperate.

No worries man. This is that kind of community (except maybe a few decent folks here) they have here. That's why there only like 5 regulars on this forums. The Dark Mod community have its dickheads too, but at least those folks are a way more reasonable and mature.

Currently I am in UE4 community and it's like day and night compare to Doom 3 community. No one gets bent out of shape when I mention other engines and some benefits I wish UE4 had, no one bitches "go fix it yourself" and people generally try helping, including Epic devs, which in turn makes me work with UE4 even more (I reported and debugged a few critical issues related to Gear VR and Epic with Oculus fixed those), no one says "if your Doom 3 engine so good, why are you here in UE4 community". Generally more practical, pragmatic and more mature audience. So far it's been fun to be there and no people like assdevil, (f)ar(t)goon and V(agina)games were noticed there.

VGames

Quote from: LDAsh on April 02, 2016, 01:47:57 PM
Quote from: VGames on April 02, 2016, 12:00:36 PM

Judging people's opinions based purely on post count/rank is just as adolscent and ludicrous as judging how serious a developer they are based on the computer they can afford.  Both points of view come off as pretty arrogant and desperate.

What? My comment about your lack of experience here makes perfect sense. You have like 5 posts total here. You're obviously not around enough to make such accusations about somebody who has made some amazing creations using the idtech4 engine. oneofthe8devilz is a genius around here.

And why do you come around here anyways motorsep? You're the most negative person around. And what are you rambling on about my name not showing up in a UE4 forum or whatever you're talking about. Of course it's not brought up. I don't mess around with UE4 or VR or whatever you're trying to mess around with at all. Why would UE4 users recognize me when I've been modding on dated engines for over a decade?
Get the latest on Perfected Doom 3 here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

motorsep

VGames

Oh ok so you're a complete loser.

That explains a lot.

Are you taking your frustrations of life out on us? Is your lack of professional success in the gaming industry making you harsh towards us? Really I think all of us "regulars" here are no where near actually working in the gaming industry. In fact I'm glad I never continued in that direction after college. Terrible industry to be in. Hit or miss all the way. You're wasting your time on us. You should be working on your next big thing right now to further your career instead of talking to me on my day off. I strongly suggest you do this since you're gonna need something big to make it in the gaming industry.

oneofthe8devilz

Quote from: motorsep on April 02, 2016, 02:15:12 PM
Currently I am in UE4 community...

UE4 eh ? :D

And what are you gonna do with your super computer in Unreal Engine 4 eh ?

Rendering ingame menus ?

That piece of crap you call a computer will probably melt down just displaying the UE4 Intro logo.

Your computer's worth actually must be negative by now.

Why don't you pack your things and take your degenerative personality back to the country you crawled out from?

Or like Sgt.Hartman once said, someone should rip your balls off so you can't contaminate the rest of the world.

Oh... and stop pestering other forum members here with your idiotism and fake/retarded profile friends.

***Updated Edit***

Quote from: motorsep on April 02, 2016, 02:15:12 PMSo far it's been fun to be there and no people like assdevil, (f)ar(t)goon and V(agina)games were noticed there.

What a big mouth you little creep have when you know you are safe thousands of kilometers away from a fist crushing your degenerated skull to a pulp. Me and you in a 4x4x2 meters cage ?... man... you would piss and crap yourself before I even start warming up on you...

You pathetic failure of an excuse for a human.
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

Arl

How is that you guys managed to grow such disgust for each other over the subject of game engines?

motorsep

Quote from: Phobos Anomaly on April 02, 2016, 05:28:09 PMHow is that you guys managed to grow such disgust for each other over the subject of game engines?

Long story mate. You might want to read through the forum if you are that interested.

In a few words - if you disagree on something pertaining to Doom 3 and modding using Doom 3, and those folks I mentioned (and a few others) don't approve of it, but you still stand your ground, you will be thrown to lions' den (even if you are correct and right). If you are not a "back patter", you don't belong here.

oneofthe8devilz

Quote from: Phobos Anomaly on April 02, 2016, 05:28:09 PM
How is that you guys managed to grow such disgust for each other over the subject of game engines?

The first 10-30 times you simply ignore it.

The next 30-60 times you see how it starts to affect other senior members of the community.

The next 60-100 times you try to do something about it and hope for reasoning.

From then on you just act the way you think is appropriate given the situation/circumstance.
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

Arl

But this is no longer an argument about anything, you are taking this to the point of just throwing rocks hoping to hurt the other, and being there you are achieving nothing but to reach your lowest levels. You don't have to like each other or even respect each other, but there's no need to take your differences this far.

Anyway, I'm no-one to tell you anything and surely I'm not saying anything new, perhaps releasing some steam will also reduce some friction.