[MD5] IMPORT & EXPORT for Blender 2.66+ (the Arx EOS addon)

Started by solarsplace, June 19, 2015, 07:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarsplace

Hi

This is post to let you all know about an update to the Arx End Of Sun - MD5 tool for Blender 2.66+

The tool has now been updated to support both import and export of meshes and animations.

Please find full discussion and download details of the tool here: http://www.katsbits.com/smforum/index.php?topic=520.msg3977#new

Thanks

motorsep

Have you ever adjusted workflow by chance? Last time I recall (when this add-on showed up at KatsBits) the workflow was pretty convoluted and people were complaining.

BielBdeLuna

solarsplace

Quote from: motorsep on June 19, 2015, 09:07:45 AM
Have you ever adjusted workflow by chance? Last time I recall (when this add-on showed up at KatsBits) the workflow was pretty convoluted and people were complaining.

Hello

With all due respect, it seemed to be just yourself that was complaining ( http://www.katsbits.com/smforum/index.php?topic=404.0 ).

AFAIK the tool has not been updated with an enhanced GUI etc, so your still not going to like it i'm afraid.

Please take any constructive criticism up with the author of the tool.

Thanks

motorsep

Quote from: solarsplace on June 19, 2015, 10:02:33 AM

Please take any constructive criticism up with the author of the tool.

Hmm.. I thought you made it. Either way, cool that it has import now.

trebor

Hey solarsplace, thanks for your effort. I'm going to test the new version soon.

bitterman

In my case try to import player.md5mesh with Blender 2.66 give an error:

"Attribute 'matrix' from EditBone is read-only"

As I see (in Blender API) editBone.matrix is read-only for all 2.6x versions (but not for 2.72+).

Then I get 2.72 and it's work fine. Now I can see original models from D3 (with anims) and this is impressive. These face and arms armatures are incredible (looks like player from 'Dead Space').

Thanks, guys.

solarsplace

Hi

Thanks for the feed back, and we are glad you are getting positive results :)

I have passed this on the Nemyax who is the creator of the tool. I think he is going to change the documentation to say only the 2.7+ versions are now supported.

Thanks