Custom values in map file affecting D3 to D3 BFG

Started by Gazz, January 20, 2016, 05:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazz

I'm having problems compiling maps that I created in Classic Doom 3. The mod has some source code changes and custom variables within the map files for level transitions, in-level background music and a few other bits and pieces. In testing the maps on their own they won't load in BFG. I've checked the resources and they're all being loaded successfully after some tweaking but the last error I can't get around is to do with some custom variables in the maps themselves. Has anyone else run into similar problems or should BFG ignore the custom variable warnings? (They are warnings in console log, not errors).

Alongside this is there a way to get a crash error log in BFG? I'm not sure how to generate it and can't find the suitable console command(s). Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

p.s. wasn't sure what forum because this overlaps with the sdk coding side of things too.

p.p.s wondering if it's even worth the effort, but not sure how many people have BFG vs Vanilla and seemed like a nice challenge from a coding perspective but if the assets are a problem then probably not worth the effort and should just get on with mapping out E1M9b for vanilla. What do you guys think?

Gazz

Worked out it's soft shadows in RBDoom - when they're disabled the game runs. It still fails to load but it doesn't CTD when the shadows are disabled.