Message to id software about the Doom3 Master Server

Started by oneofthe8devilz, March 16, 2016, 11:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneofthe8devilz

Since the Doom3 Master Server has been down for the past couple of days I would like to ask members here to write the following message at id software's contact page:

QuoteDear id software team,

we would like to inform you that the Doom3 Master Server "idnet.ua-corp.com:27650" has been down for the past 10 days.

Are you able to provide information about when and if the Doom3 Master Server will be up again ?

Thanks in advance

In the meantime players can use this gametracker.com Doom3 server list page to browse for Doom3 online servers, as the ingame browser menu currently remains blank due to the Master Server being down.

Thx
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

VGames

Get the latest on Perfected Doom 3 here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

motorsep

argoon

Done.

Quote from: motorsep on March 16, 2016, 11:59:50 AM
I wonder how many people still care   ???

You don't seam to care at all, this from the way you don't waist a second to critic idtech 4 and glorify UE4, so why are you still here? Now more so that even Cryengine is Free? It just makes me think you are a sadomasochist.  ;)

oneofthe8devilz

We literally play every weekend for hours...

I just recently finished creating a post release summary multiplayer MCS gameplay video from the first couple of days/weeks post release...

Since then I have recorded hundreds of gigabytes of multiplayer gameplay footage which I will probably not be able to process in the following years to come...

...and that is just MCS, while people still play the stock Doom3 multiplayer as well as mods like LMS and OpenCoop...

So thanks guys for sending the messages, while the Master Server has been down in the past multiple times, maybe hinting the id staff actively at the problem will speed up the fixing process...

Check out our mods at

motorsep

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on March 16, 2016, 01:43:39 PM

We literally play every weekend for hours...

That's given. But I mean, how many people, total, still use master servers to play MP in doom 3 ? (which is unplayable, unless people use your mod)

motorsep

Quote from: argoon on March 16, 2016, 12:36:37 PM
You don't seam to care at all, this from the way you don't waist a second to critic idtech 4 and glorify UE4, so why are you still here? Now more so that even Cryengine is Free? It just makes me think you are a sadomasochist.  ;)

No, I don't care at all. I don't play online, ever.

You gotta be a dumb as f&%k not to see why UE4 beats idTech 4. Either that, or you don't really care for development and all you care for is open source and former glory. Literally, UE4, Unity and now CE leave idTech 4 in the dust no matter how you look at it. You obviously haven't worked with idTech 4 seriously to see all its flaws. And I am not talking about modding Doom 3. I am obviously talking about using idTech 4 for commercial game development.

I am still here to say F U to people like you.

argoon

Quote from: motorsep on March 16, 2016, 02:31:20 PM
Literally, UE4, Unity and now CE leave idTech 4 in the dust no matter how you look at it. I am obviously talking about using idTech 4 for commercial game development.

So... why are you here again? 

rebarkillburst

Quote from: argoon on March 16, 2016, 07:58:26 PM
Literally, UE4, Unity and now CE leave idTech 4 in the dust no matter how you look at it. I am obviously talking about using idTech 4 for commercial game development.

To say F you to ppl like you and everybody in here. He said that, did you skip it? :) 

VGames

Quote from: rebarkillburst on April 02, 2016, 12:46:57 PM
Quote from: argoon on March 16, 2016, 07:58:26 PM

To say F you to ppl like you and everybody in here. He said that, did you skip it? :)

And who are you again newbie??
Get the latest on Perfected Doom 3 here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

oneofthe8devilz

The Doom3 Master Server is back online;D

Ingame Online Server Browsing is now again fully operational.

Thanks to everyone who messaged id software / bethesda. :)

Check out our mods at