News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

rbdoom3bfg with editors

Started by anonreclaimer, April 14, 2018, 01:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Happy Friar

I've got Visual Studio 2017.  I'll give it a shot sometime.  :)

The Happy Friar

errors I got:Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: '..\LibOVR\Include\OVR_CAPI.h': No such file or directory    idlib    d:\doom-3-bfg-vr-master\neo\vr\Vr.h    32   
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: '..\LibOVR\Include\OVR_CAPI.h': No such file or directory    Doom3BFGVR    d:\doom-3-bfg-vr-master\neo\vr\Vr.h    32   
Error    C2061    syntax error: identifier 'DXGI_JPEG_AC_HUFFMAN_TABLE'    Doom3BFGVR    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um\wincodec.h    8132   
Error    C2061    syntax error: identifier 'DXGI_JPEG_AC_HUFFMAN_TABLE'    Doom3BFGVR    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um\wincodec.h    8321   
Error    C2061    syntax error: identifier 'DXGI_JPEG_DC_HUFFMAN_TABLE'    Doom3BFGVR    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um\wincodec.h    8137   
Error    C2061    syntax error: identifier 'DXGI_JPEG_DC_HUFFMAN_TABLE'    Doom3BFGVR    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um\wincodec.h    8326   
Error    C2061    syntax error: identifier 'DXGI_JPEG_QUANTIZATION_TABLE'    Doom3BFGVR    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um\wincodec.h    8142   
Error    C2061    syntax error: identifier 'DXGI_JPEG_QUANTIZATION_TABLE'    Doom3BFGVR    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um\wincodec.h    8331   

first two are easy: I don't have that folder in my neo/libs folder.  So obivious.  :)The DX ones I'm not sure.
I downloaded the .zip of the github files earlier today & tried to compile that.  i'm using Studio 2017 & had it cmake to 15, but had no issues loading the solution file.  I added the stuff I was supposed to to the preprocessor & command line for the respective projects.

motorsep

I think you need Oculus SDK to resolve the first two and Win 10 SDK to resolve the rest. That's why I prefer for people to provide pre-build binaries for FOSS projects ;)

anonreclaimer

Quote from: motorsep on May 27, 2018, 07:08:48 PM
Quote from: anonreclaimer on May 25, 2018, 10:37:01 PM

... but AF and the Material editor are broken.

Hmm.. Broken how? I recall all editors worked in Storm Engine 2 (some had inherited bugs from old vanilla Doom 3, but that wasn't something easily fixable) where one could use it to make content.

Quote from: anonreclaimer on May 25, 2018, 10:37:01 PM
I'm going to push a commit soon that adds geometry shaders with the AF editor. Also, I'm thinking of ways of expanding the culling system and adding compute shaders to the pipeline.

Nice, it would be interesting to see how it would benefit the game, especially in VR.

Quote from: anonreclaimer on May 25, 2018, 10:37:01 PMNote: These instructions are for the vs2015 compiler so I don't know if these builds will compile nicely for vs2017.

I am hoping TheHappyFriar can test it as I, unfortunately, literally don't have any free time to spare in the next few month :-[

Btw, great job you are doing here!

I'm done, here's a binary. The build has a few bugs but, I'll figure it out later.
https://github.com/anonreclaimer/DOOM-3-BFG-VR/releases/tag/V0.022-Alpha

motorsep

Yay! Thanks a bunch. I tweeted about it :)

motorsep

Btw, there are a few rendering fixes in Storm Engine 2 that would probably benefit Doom 3 BFG.

When running mods, particle bounds are ignored and as soon as particle emitter origin is outside of the view, whole particle system gets culled, which is wrong. SE2 has a fix for that.

Another one is more of an improvement - oblique frustum clipping. That makes reflections/refractions in the water render correctly. There is also a fix for heat haze shader that fixes (somewhat) boundary between heat haze plane and geometry it intersects (minimizing distortion of the water plane intersection with pool wall or river shore, for example). If you port it, you might want to cvar it as I have no idea if it will affect performance in VR.

Another goodie to mention (already in the RBDoom 3 BFG) is progress bar indicator - when you load mod first time, it will build all the assets and in vanilla Doom 3 BFG you'd just wait for who knows how long. SE2 has progress bars that show each asset building progress.

And the last one is cmd to render cubemaps (envshot) - useful for modders who want to make reflection "probes" for the environment.

anonreclaimer

Quote from: The Happy Friar on May 28, 2018, 06:23:17 PM
errors I got:Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: '..\LibOVR\Include\OVR_CAPI.h': No such file or directory    idlib    d:\doom-3-bfg-vr-master\neo\vr\Vr.h    32   
Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: '..\LibOVR\Include\OVR_CAPI.h': No such file or directory    Doom3BFGVR    d:\doom-3-bfg-vr-master\neo\vr\Vr.h    32   
Error    C2061    syntax error: identifier 'DXGI_JPEG_AC_HUFFMAN_TABLE'    Doom3BFGVR    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um\wincodec.h    8132   
Error    C2061    syntax error: identifier 'DXGI_JPEG_AC_HUFFMAN_TABLE'    Doom3BFGVR    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um\wincodec.h    8321   
Error    C2061    syntax error: identifier 'DXGI_JPEG_DC_HUFFMAN_TABLE'    Doom3BFGVR    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um\wincodec.h    8137   
Error    C2061    syntax error: identifier 'DXGI_JPEG_DC_HUFFMAN_TABLE'    Doom3BFGVR    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um\wincodec.h    8326   
Error    C2061    syntax error: identifier 'DXGI_JPEG_QUANTIZATION_TABLE'    Doom3BFGVR    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um\wincodec.h    8142   
Error    C2061    syntax error: identifier 'DXGI_JPEG_QUANTIZATION_TABLE'    Doom3BFGVR    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um\wincodec.h    8331   

first two are easy: I don't have that folder in my neo/libs folder.  So obivious.  :)The DX ones I'm not sure.
I downloaded the .zip of the github files earlier today & tried to compile that.  i'm using Studio 2017 & had it cmake to 15, but had no issues loading the solution file.  I added the stuff I was supposed to to the preprocessor & command line for the respective projects.

lol, I was faced with the same issue but Motorsep is right your missing the libraries. The libraries that are used is valve's openvr library and the oculus window SDK. I'll post the link to the libraries.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gMshC5WQ5BP_tW5pmc7JhW8FttBxyeLE/view?usp=sharing

motorsep

Here is some good ol' FOSS BS (I asked if the author can incorporate tools into official Doom 3 BFG VR fork):

https://github.com/KozGit/DOOM-3-BFG-VR/issues/266#issuecomment-394462633

"When the next version is out, if you create a pull request I can look at incorporating the changes."

::)