Re: Idtech4 Android/Windows/Linux True CrossPlatform Multiplayer Showcase

Started by motorsep, April 17, 2018, 01:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorsep

Quote from: The Happy Friar on April 17, 2018, 07:07:33 AM
I am not sure that a decade ago you could have mp d3 on a handheld device w/ it looking like d3 (lighting and all).

I am being sarcastic.. With Fortnite and PUBG on the phones and VR, this seems to be a way too late to the gaming scene.

I'd rather much see fHDoom port to be made VR compatible so that people could mod for a new medium than Android port no one really cares about.

Worth noting that the only reason D3 can run on mobile with lighting isn't because of some amazing code optimizations but simply because mobile devices are that powerful nowadays.

oneofthe8devilz

Quote from: motorsep on April 17, 2018, 01:37:12 PM
I am being sarcastic..

Never fails to amuse seeing motorstep desperately trying to call something "Sarcasm" after having been called out on the bullshit he posts, devoid of even the slightest clue what sarcasm actually means...

... one could get tempted to ask "how stupid one can be" but he'd probably take that question as a challenge...  :))
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

motorsep

oneofthe8devilz

Okay now you start posting completely unrelated videos (again in my thread)... but being the the nice guy that I am I'll give you 24 hours to explain how posting a video showcasing smartphone touch controls, contributes to the discussion of being able to be competitive on an Android device against PC players in CrossPlatform adversarial Doom3 multiplayer.

Failing to do so will result in the deletion of your unrelated posts in this thread (even at the risk of you starting/creating another like titled thread, being the troll and crybaby that you are leading to further fragmentation of these forums but that shall be Friar's problem and not mine)
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

motorsep

I don't have to explain myself to you.

DIII4A can be played using kb + mouse. Since the code was available, you could have taken their code, add your improved multiplayer code into it and present it as your own project and call it, lo and behold, "CrossPlatform adversarial Doom3 multiplayer!" and present it as something that has never been done before.