Mars City Security: "It's Done !", Releasedate and Current Build Testing

Started by oneofthe8devilz, August 22, 2015, 02:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BielBdeLuna

The Happy Friar

Put in a new motherboard+CPU+RAM yesterday.

No timedemo for MCS but with the exe renamed I have everything turned up and it runs smooth as butter.  :)

oneofthe8devilz

Quote from: The Happy Friar on September 03, 2015, 06:43:12 AM
Put in a new motherboard+CPU+RAM yesterday.

No timedemo for MCS but with the exe renamed I have everything turned up and it runs smooth as butter.  :)

Congrats on the new rig  :)

And I am glad to hear that MCS flies on your new setup now  O0

The D3 Community MCS Release Candidate testrun really paid out and the ATI fix instructions will go right into the release "readme.txt".

I wonder if anyone with an Intel GPU setup has the chance to give it a go and report back...
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

bkt

oneofthe8devilz

Check out our mods at

The Happy Friar

oneofthe8devilz

Well basically every non-associated ".exe" naming should work, but why giving people a choice ?  :o

Check out our mods at

The Happy Friar

i'd figure that almost every semi-popular game out there has a profile in the driver & (based on experiments I've done) using something that you know isn't out there works best.

Could you just recompile the GPL engine & pass that out with the mode?  Or, perhaps, in your bat file have it make a copy of the .exe anyway & always run that copy.

oneofthe8devilz

For technical and legal reasons I would like to avoid releasing MCS with ".exe" builds at this point in time.

Check out our mods at

motorsep

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on September 04, 2015, 04:51:50 AM
For technical and legal reasons I would like to avoid releasing MCS with ".exe" builds at this point in time.

So, no public release any time soon ?

VGames

Get the latest on Perfected Doom 3 here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

oneofthe8devilz

After the public MCS Modification release on September 27th 2015 a small crowdfunding campaign is planned to re-finance the funds I had to privately invest into MCS.

If the campaign is successful, the entire sourcecode including custom MCS Client and Dedicated Server binaries will be released to the public.

Depending on the general feedback of the Mod and the crowdfunding campaign, further stretch goals will get announced, which would target things like:

- Linux, MacOS and Android portation with crossplatform multiplayer support.
- Alternative modern renderer path supporting natively current gen features such as "Shadowmapping, SSAO, DOF, HDR, etc".
- Multiplayer AI/Bot implementation together with new gametypes such as CTF
- Stereo 3D and VR renderer support

Check out our mods at

motorsep

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on September 04, 2015, 11:31:25 AM
If the campaign is successful, the entire sourcecode including custom MCS Client and Dedicated Server binaries will be released to the public.

Once you release binaries of your mod, you will be legally bound to release source code.

As a matter of fact, anyone who already got binaries of MCS (all the testers) have legal right to receive source code.

oneofthe8devilz

No MCS binaries have been released to anyone...

The provided gamex86.dll is being released under the D3 1.3.1 SDK conditions like every other mod before.

Check out our mods at

motorsep

Quote from: oneofthe8devilz on September 04, 2015, 11:41:33 AM
No MCS binaries have been released to anyone...

So how on Earth could they have played online without binaries? o.O

Can't play game without running .exe and for sure your networking code must have been implemented in the engine at least partially.