News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

BladeYautja

Started by Bladeghost, May 24, 2014, 10:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bladeghost

save and save often (quick save and quick load)
could you post a screenshot with a description, please and thank you, so I can understand what you mean better. thanks.

VGames

Why did u make the game so tough. You're the predator. He can take multiple shogun blasts at close range and still keep on killing with little fatigue. I think u should make him tougher. That's just me. Great mod so far. Nice polished look all around.
Get the latest on Perfected Doom 3 here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

The Happy Friar

Quote from: Bladeghost on September 24, 2014, 11:28:39 PM
could you post a screenshot with a description, please and thank you, so I can understand what you mean better. thanks.

screenshot attached.  You can see polys look flattish shaded, like there's no smooth groups with the model.  Especially noticable in the pants of the guy on the left and the shirt/arms of the guy on the right.

Bladeghost

That could be from the glprogs (interaction.vfp and test.vfp) those were added to make some surfaces extra glossy.
in the predwarrior_000a.pk4 you will find the glprogs folder, you can try and overwrite those with the default doom 3 ones and see a difference? but make a back up first before testing. I've noticed this on my laptop but not my desktop.
they both have different graphics. as some of the skulls would glow a bit on the laptop but would be great looking on the desktop. That's what I know, look into those two glprogs and see.

or you could just simply remove those two modifyied .vfp's from the mod folder and put them somewhere safe. as those are for high end graphics cards. and  as d3 would already have those default ones in its directory.

Bladeghost

Quote from: VGames on September 25, 2014, 12:05:22 PM
Why did u make the game so tough. You're the predator. He can take multiple shogun blasts at close range and still keep on killing with little fatigue. I think u should make him tougher. That's just me. Great mod so far. Nice polished look all around.

what you can do is go to the player.def and increase the health and or max health if that would help.
the player.def is in the predwarrior_000a.pk4 that could help, also the 'U' key gives all but your still vulnerable to rocketmen and plasma casters.

The Happy Friar

Adding a ".old" to the end of those glprogs solved the problem.  Maybe it's an ATI issue?

BloodRayne

I love this from begin to end.

Bladeghost

I had this in mind for my standalone (version) which works, for a hard copy, but I need ink for my printer, this is rendered in max to show my concept.

douglas quaid

Pretty cool... I'm sure you're aware already but keep your eyes out for FOX.
TOTAL RECALL - Singleplayer mod for Doom 3 starring Arnold Schwarzenegger
BLACKOUT - Free indie horror game based on the id Tech 4 engine

Bladeghost

No physical copies exist, it's just a concept render.
yeah, big corporate might come and 'get me, torture me and hang me off a bridge
for making a game they could not. Fear and hype are one thing, taking a risk is another.
since my Prometheus mod ,Phantasm and now this, and my poor health, it matters not,
besides I have good relations with some of the fox people, and it has all been positive.
while I was making phantasm beyond, feedback was good and I've actually had contact with A Michael Baldwin, and Bill Thornbury as well as Kristen Deem, they've all been wonderful and I'm considering a sequel for that as well.

But for this (the mod), it is what it is. nothing more than an interactive digital painting. and freedom of expression as a tribute to those that made this stuff in the first place.,Giger,Hall, and Winston. with my respects and appreciation.

The Happy Friar

You've been doing this so long that I would figure if Fox has an issue with it they would of stopped you by now.    Your stuff seems a departure enough from the original source material it's more like a fan story vs competitive game.

You should make a DVD case insert, not jewel case one.  Everybody uses  the DVD cases now a days.  :)

Bladeghost

oneofthe8devilz

Man... that content output !

Amazing...

On a side-note, in case you own an NVIDIA 600 series gpu videocard or later... there actually is now a way to use NVIDIA's ShadowPlay to record and encode OpenGL footage on the GPU and save it as H.264 format with minimal to no performance impact... It would allow you to capture, encode and save idtech4-gameplay-footage at 1080p without the usual FPS impact that other software based recorders produce while recording.

I shall write a tutorial once I get to it here on the forums.

I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

solarsplace

Hi

I agree, very impressive work there  8)

All of it was good, but I especially liked the sequence at about 8 minutes in with the circular opening door and model rising out. Also the bit in the spaceship? was very cool with the screens showing the galaxies and charts and stuff.

Great work :)

Bladeghost

Blade Yautja V1.2 now uploaded and available with fixes and some new stuff.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/blade-yautja/downloads
Thanks for your interest.