News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

D3 Venture

Started by oneofthe8devilz, September 22, 2014, 08:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneofthe8devilz

Venture: A Doom3 fantasy-medieval-steampunk COOP Total Conversion

Homepage: http://www.moddb.com/mods/venture

Credits to the amazing Doom3 Community members that make Venture possible

-==March 2015 Update==-

The idtech4 netcode rewriting endeavor keeps making great progress and so this time we present you a "Triple Internet COOP Gameplay Trailer" recorded and uploaded @1080 @60FPS from last weekend's internal multiplayer beta testing session. Special Thanks go out to "Slate" and "Niki" who joined the testing and recording...

(click to play the youtube video)

-==February 2015 Update==-

Before adding/developing more game assets (like new custom weapons, maps and game mechanics) we are first completely reworking the rudimentary idtech4 game engine parts such as the netcode, to ensure the best possible and stable coop multiplayer experience...

This was an extended coop network code test-session with well over 100 enemy AIs spawning and syncing across the internet network. Two clients (about 15 Kilometers apart) connecting to a dedicated server machine (about 2000 kilometers away from the clients).

In this video SlateFrame and I were testing Venture's netcode with the Doom3 "INSOMNIA" Mappack available at "moddb.com" and "doom3.filefront.com".

-==December 2014 Update==-

This update consists of gameplay videos showcasing the Venture Prototype Story COOP Campaign. The game's stealth mechanics are still in a very early state and therefore have not been applied during those recordings, so it basically is just coop monster bashing (arching) testing performance and coop functionality of the newly implemented maps...

Further details will eventually follow shortly...

-==November 2014 Update==-

This update consists of a gameplay video showcasing the Venture Prototype COOP DemonWars Gametype...

-==August 2014 Update==-

Started to rewrite the AI: This Ghoul wanders around in constant search for fresh blood and brains...Some essential rewriting is required to support Venture's "Stealth Gameplay" but we are getting there...

This footage was recorded across the network where a dedicated server machine is calculating the AI which then gets synced across the network for each connected client. I controlled the player on my client machine trying to stay out of the AI's "viewcone" to avoid detection. In the last third you see how quickly it detects me when I fail to stay behind its field of vision...

If you would like to help developing Venture or know someone that would be interested in doing so please drop us a mail/message...
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage

oneofthe8devilz

Venture: A Doom3 fantasy-medieval-steampunk COOP Total Conversion

Homepage: http://www.moddb.com/mods/venture

Credits to the amazing Doom3 Community members that make Venture possible

Before adding/developing more game assets (like new custom weapons, maps and game mechanics) we are first completely reworking the rudimentary idtech4 game engine parts such as the netcode, to ensure the best possible and stable coop multiplayer experience...

This was an extended coop network code test-session with well over 100 enemy AIs spawning and syncing across the internet network. Two clients (about 15 Kilometers apart) connecting to a dedicated server machine (about 2000 kilometers away from the clients).

In this video SlateFrame and I were testing Venture's netcode with the Doom3 "INSOMNIA" Mappack available at "moddb.com" and "doom3.filefront.com".

-==December 2014 Update==-

This update consists of gameplay videos showcasing the Venture Prototype Story COOP Campaign. The game's stealth mechanics are still in a very early state and therefore have not been applied during those recordings, so it basically is just coop monster bashing (arching) testing performance and coop functionality of the newly implemented maps...

Further details will eventually follow shortly...

-==November 2014 Update==-

This update consists of a gameplay video showcasing the Venture Prototype COOP DemonWars Gametype...

-==August 2014 Update==-

Started to rewrite the AI: This Ghoul wanders around in constant search for fresh blood and brains...Some essential rewriting is required to support Venture's "Stealth Gameplay" but we are getting there...

This footage was recorded across the network where a dedicated server machine is calculating the AI which then gets synced across the network for each connected client. I controlled the player on my client machine trying to stay out of the AI's "viewcone" to avoid detection. In the last third you see how quickly it detects me when I fail to stay behind its field of vision...

If you would like to help developing Venture or know someone that would be interested in doing so please drop us a mail/message...

Check out our mods at

Bladeghost

Looks Great!, would there be an alt fire? perhaps maybe with fire arrows? that could be interesting.
also if you like use the 3rd person patch I have for my BladeY mod and just rename it to get the hud in 3rd person working if you like, you can always try that and see, no worries if not. for sure keep us posted on the progress, great stuff!

oneofthe8devilz

Thx Bladeghost, always nice to get feedback from other active idtech4 modders, especially when it is positive ;)

Quote from: Bladeghost on November 11, 2014, 02:59:36 PM
Looks Great!, would there be an alt fire? perhaps maybe with fire arrows? that could be interesting.
also if you like use the 3rd person patch I have for my BladeY mod and just rename it to get the hud in 3rd person working if you like, you can always try that and see, no worries if not. for sure keep us posted on the progress, great stuff!

Currently, I am still hesitant with adding new gamecode specific features because all my attention and resources are still focussed on the netcode rewrite (*sigh*) but as soon as that is out of the way there are definitely plans for things like alt-fire modes, stealth mechanics and a lot more...

On top of that once the netcode is stable enough for a public release, also all game assets and the source code will be released so everyone will be able to do anything with it...

In fact this is just the first of a couple of more videos that I will share with the community as my Venture updates were quite delayed/non-existant for the past 12 months... so expect soon more footage...

Check out our mods at

oneofthe8devilz

I've updated the initial post and added news/footage regarding Venture, which will go online tomorrow @ moddb.com

Check out our mods at

oneofthe8devilz

Check out our mods at

BloodRayne

The Happy Friar

I agree, good stuff.

From a forum standpoint, don't forget that you can embed youtube videos with the "youtube" button when making a post.

oneofthe8devilz

Thanks for the positive feedback...

Quote from: The Happy Friar on February 18, 2015, 05:50:18 PM
From a forum standpoint, don't forget that you can embed youtube videos with the "youtube" button when making a post.

The problem I have with embedded youtube videos is that they usually only let you pick 3 youtube thumbnails as a preview... and most of the time none of these 3 random thumbnails are suited to represent an entire video (let alone a long video like this half hour one)... and that is why I rather prefer to create my own image preview version of it...

Check out our mods at

The Happy Friar

I know youtube allows people to choose their own thumbnails I just never figured out how.  I've seen it done.  I hate the automatic thumbs too.

BloodRayne

Custom thumbs are available inside the video manager. You get three proposals for thumbs, or you can upload your own image.

oneofthe8devilz

-==March 2015 Update==-

The idtech4 netcode rewriting endeavor keeps making great progress and so this time we present you a "Triple Internet COOP Gameplay Trailer" recorded and uploaded @1080 @60FPS from last weekend's internal multiplayer beta testing session. Special Thanks go out to "Slate" and "Niki" who joined the testing and recording...

Check out our mods at