News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

Back from the Dead

Started by douglas quaid, June 13, 2019, 08:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

douglas quaid

Hey guys,

Hope all's well to whoever is still active. It's been a long time since I posted in these forums and I almost forgot the name of this site. I've had some life hardships to get over these past years and also my PC went kaput so I couldn't do any work on anything related to mods which was a pain in the arse.

It's 10 years ago since I started modding, and while away from the PC, I always had that twinkle in my eye and love in my heart to finish maps and the Total Recall mod at some stage... and maybe even join a team too.

I bought a new gaming rig (at last) so I can start getting back working again but I have a problem. It's a gaming laptop with no CD/DVD drive so I can't install my version of D3 for modding. I've also heard (not sure though) that Steam's version of D3 isn't moddable so I'm asking for help if you can.

I tried ripping my D3 CDs onto my old PC using Alcohol 120%. My plan was to copy the files from the PC to my new rig via an external hard drive but I'm not sure how to combine all 3 ripped CDs of D3 into a single installer. The CD install asks to inserted the CDs 1, 2, 3 and then 1 as you install. Can anyone help with this... Or... Do any of you have an *exe file of the D3 full installer that I could download. I have my own serial code.

Thanks,

Quiad.
TOTAL RECALL - Singleplayer mod for Doom 3 starring Arnold Schwarzenegger
BLACKOUT - Free indie horror game based on the id Tech 4 engine

The Happy Friar

welcome back.   :welcome:
Just copy your Doom 3 cd's to a single folder, no need to install.  Well, not the whole CD, just the parts that contain the game.  Should be wherever doom3.exe is & everything in that folder.

LDAsh

Use something like WinCDEmu to mount the ISO files.  When the installer asks for the next disc, just unmount and mount the next ISO.

EoceneMiacid

douglas quaid

Thanks guys.

I've finished the install via Mounting. However when I try to run the game nothing happens apart from the 'Login as administrator' warning. I tried that and still nothing but there was a message about Windows Service Pack 3 (WinXP compatibility).

Any ideas?

xyzz

Have you installed the 1.3.1 patch?

What I've read on the internet about this problem is mostly in regards with Win10 not being compatible with Disk version of Doom 3.

motorsep

Quote from: douglas quaid on June 13, 2019, 08:17:42 PM
I've also heard (not sure though) that Steam's version of D3 isn't moddable so I'm asking for help if you can.

It's moddable, 100%. Unless you heard about Doom 3 BFG Edition, which is also moddable, in a way, but incompatible with most vanilla Doom 3 mods.

douglas quaid

@xyzz: That did the trick. It's always the simple things you forget. Thanks.