The hands of the player (first person view)

Started by bitterman, June 02, 2016, 06:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitterman

I don't have .pk4 at the moment but may be anyone knows.

1. The hands of the player (first person view) -  is it a part of whole player model (shown on the screen) or it's a separate  model?

Can I create player model with lowpoly hands and separate hipoly hands wich shown on the screen constantly?

2. How to connect weapon to the hands?

Thanks.

EoceneMiacid

1. Separate model. You can easily tell, it's more detailed, and the animation doesn't match up perfectly with the world view.

2. Still learning this myself :x

The Happy Friar

The hands are part of the same weapon model, yes.  When you import one of the md5mesh's in to a 3d modeler you can see the hands.  They have separate materials though.

So does that answer #2 too?  You just put them where you want them.  :)

For 3rd person in the weapon def there's a listing on where to put the 3rd person weapon model on the player model via a bone.  something attacher I think.

bitterman

Thanks!

Now I understand this:

QuoteThe following numbers are rough guidelines based on the numbers taken from the Quake 4 models. These numbers had been generated by importing different models and using the modelling software to list the amount of triangles.

1st Person Weapon Total: 2000 - 2800

Both Arms: 1300
        Weapon (Faces not visible deleted): 700 - 1500

3rd Person Player Total: 2500

Player Body(Without Gun or Head): 1500
        Player Head: 600
        Player Head_up (high LOD model?): 800
        Player World Weapon: 200-400

https://modwiki.xnet.fi/Modelling

If I understand it correct it's enough to replace original model for melee attack weapon for my cool hands model.