News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

THIS CLOSE TO PREORDER...

Started by The Happy Friar, March 07, 2016, 10:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Happy Friar

but GameStop was closed when I got there, so I have to do it Friday/Saturday. 
:mastermind:

motorsep

I was going to preorder Doom, but there aren't any incentives :(  (not to mention I am not even sure it will run well on my PC, or if there will be enough options to downscale visuals to make it run ok).

I pre-ordered Wolf TNO because it offered beta of Doom :)

The Happy Friar

Doom Beta hasn't happened yet, has it?  Remember back in the "good old days" when "beta" meant "beta", not "demo right before game & we don't care what you find/how you feel"?  :)

I happen to have the $$ so I decided to preorder.  I'm not interested in incentives, I just want to pick it up that Friday during grocery shopping & play it all Friday night.  :p

My GPU is just below the "alpha" min, but if for some reason I can't play because they really raise the min's I'll cancel the preoder and get a Wii U game. 

Yes, at this point in my life I'd rather buy Console games vs PC games if they expect me to put the price of a console in my PC every year to play!

motorsep

Quote from: The Happy Friar on March 07, 2016, 10:48:15 AM
Doom Beta hasn't happened yet, has it?  Remember back in the "good old days" when "beta" meant "beta", not "demo right before game & we don't care what you find/how you feel"?  :)

It hasn't happened :( I am not sure what beta means to them nowadays. I kinda thought beta is what should happen now, and then for the last 2 remaining month they'd fix beta bugs and polish the rest of the game.

Quote from: The Happy Friar on March 07, 2016, 10:48:15 AMMy GPU is just below the "alpha" min, but if for some reason I can't play because they really raise the min's I'll cancel the preoder and get a Wii U game. 

Doom on WiiU ? o.O

Quote from: The Happy Friar on March 07, 2016, 10:48:15 AMYes, at this point in my life I'd rather buy Console games vs PC games if they expect me to put the price of a console in my PC every year to play!

Well, soon consoles will be the same as PC - upgradable. So you'd have to put price of the console into the console every now and then ;)

The Happy Friar

Quote from: motorsep on March 07, 2016, 10:57:19 AM
Doom on WiiU ? o.O

Would be awesome, but I meant any Wii U game.  $60 on used goes a lot farther with a Wii U vs new on a PC.

2ton

Same thing happened to me with Rainbow Six Siege and a lesser extent with Evolve, where they release a "beta" right before they realease the game. I'm a little more fortunate in my case since I didn't actually pay any money to have access in either case, but its pretty unfortunate for all you wof preorder guys

romulus_ut3

I ran the Alpha at 1080p and my specs are just above the recommended specifications, it ran 60 FPS mostly apart from some hectic explosion scenarios with a lot of characters on screen.

The Happy Friar

I got a preorder yesterday.  They also had Wolf:NO for $30.  The website sells it for $20.  Friday I think I'll stop by again & see if they'll match the website price, and if they do I'll buy Wolf too.