Author Topic: idTechX Python API for operating with the game data  (Read 716 times)

BielBdeLuna

• Doom Newbie
    • View Profile
    • my Github repositories
idTechX Python API for operating with the game data
« on: April 05, 2015, 11:02:09 PM »
in order to facilitate my work with the map exporter and in order to further the cooperation in-between blender and idTechX assets I'm developing a idTechX Python API so I can access the tokenized data in d3 an other games using idTech4-X, I've just started pushing my first code but as always you can find my code in Github: https://github.com/BielBdeLuna/idTechX_Python_API

my first immediate goal is to finish at least *.def reading and understanding it's entityDef definition so I can get a list of entities and at least keep going on with the exporter

hope you guys like it

BielBdeLuna

• Doom Newbie
    • View Profile
    • my Github repositories
Re: idTechX Python API for operating with the game data
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 10:30:54 AM »
idTechX data structure is damn difficult, because there are so many ways of structure the data

I'm currently separating the idea of the data structure, and the data itself

so I will be able to read all kind of definitions whatever way are they structured.

the idea will be to have a system that will be able to read all the "tokenized definitions" for all the text files in a idTechX environment

I've done several files of code and haven't tested a single bit yet so it will be a long way before there is anything usable