Author Topic: Re: Quake 4/Prey weapons and enemies in Doom 3 (WIP) (Updated 29/11)  (Read 164 times)

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
A few more things I'm working on...

And here we have the Quake 4 marine (again, minus head)

Quake 4 and Prey also come with a ton of nicely modeled map objects to spice up your maps, and they're quite interchangeable.

Here's the Brainstalk from Q4:

(Though the actual brain is not visible atm)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 07:05:02 PM by EoceneMiacid »

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
Re: Quake 4/Prey weapons and enemies in Doom 3 (WIP) (Updated 30/11)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 09:53:25 AM »
Taking a small break, worked on this thing for 2 consecutive weeks non-stop pretty much (got a lot of free time currently).

After that I'll resume work, finishing the Quake and Prey stuff. Next up is ETQW. After that, there are two other idTech4 games; Wolfenstein and Brink. Would be cool to have their assets in here as well, no?

Huge idTech4 sandbox mod :)

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
Re: Quake 4 & Prey stuff in Doom 3 (WIP) (Updated 10/12/18)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 11:28:27 AM »
Also wanted to mention that I'm making them actual movable objects, with appropriate masses and whatnot.

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
Re: Quake 4 & Prey stuff in Doom 3 (WIP) (Updated 12/12/18)
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 08:34:34 AM »
I have a couple of days left with nothing to do but work on this. Fixed a lot of stuff in the meantime, but unfortunately nothing that can be shown off in pictures.

And I'm stuck in a few places - it'd be great if anyone could step up and help out.

What I need is:

- Doom 3 and Prey weapon viewmodels with Quake 4 guy's arms, and a set of Quake 4 viewmodels with Doomguy's arms - so either one can pick up and use any weapon with the correct looking arms;

- Proper world model animations, so Doom 3 guy correctly holds the Quake 4 guns and vice versa;

- Proper AI for the Quake 4 and Prey monsters (although Prey uses AI scripts, they need to be adapted heavily)

- I have a 'quick melee' function, which allows the player to kick, regardless of weapon carried (a la Duke Nukem 3D/Brutal Doom). It works, but I don't have proper kicking animation.
I have downloaded a small mod which has one, but it's tied to the 'fists' weapon.
So if somebody could apply the leg kicking model to each Doom 3, Quake 4 and Prey weapon?

- Lots more stuff on my wishlist, but these are the most pressing :)

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
Re: Quake 4 & Prey stuff in Doom 3 (WIP)
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 07:14:49 AM »
Hi!

Sorry about the lack of news lately, but the past few weeks were eventful to say the least :)

I moved places and had to wait a while for my internet connection.

I also upgraded my laptop to a new one (i7, Nvidia GTX, 16GB RAM, SSD) and right now I'm playing through DOOM 4, which is absolutely goddamn amazing. It's my favorite game of all time, no question - and I positively can't wait for Eternal.

I plan to get back at this project soon (I have to finish DOOM 4 first you understand :)), I have a couple of nice surprises coming up.

Stay tuned and happy new year!

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
Re: Quake 4 & Prey stuff in Doom 3 (WIP)
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 07:36:25 AM »
Hello again!

Unfortunately real life responsibilities have caught up with me, and as such I'm unable to devote much time to the project as of late.

Anybody interested in helping out/collaborating/picking up where I left off?