Author Topic: Re: Doom 3 Supremacy  (Read 9575 times)

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
Re: Doom 3 Supremacy
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2019, 06:24:25 PM »
Power Management

Your suit comes equipped with a battery. It's power level is represented by a bar in the upper left corner of your HUD.

It powers devices such as the flashlight, which is integrated in your suit. The flashlight consumes 0.05% of power per cycle, which roughly translates to a minute of use before the battery is drained. (Additional devices and larger capacity batteries are available)

The battery can be recharged in a number of ways:

- By moving. The faster you move, the faster your battery will recharge;
- By obtaining the Photosynthesis module upgrade, your suit will absorb light and convert it into power;
- By obtaining the Kinetic Converter module upgrade, which partially absorbs kinetic energy from incoming projectiles;
- Recharge stations.

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2019, 03:34:48 AM »
Added one more weapon, the Napalm Gun (not finished yet)

Speaking of upgrade modules earlier...

Time Stretcher

This module enables the generation of a time dilation field around the operator with the perceived effect of 'stretching' time out around him, increasing reaction time and the ability to deal with larger amounts of threats at once. Generating time dilation fields consumes a lot of power and as such you will only be able to use it for short stretches of time. High capacity power sources are recommended for extensive use.

(many involuntary test subjects suffered gruesome fates in the development of this technology)

Cloak

The cloak employs 'optical redirection'-technology (from a highly classified origin) to reduce the operator's (and any carried equipment's) visibility to near-zero, depending on movement, terrain and light conditions. Medium power consumption. Should not be relied on when engaging enemies capable of viewing in infrared.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 04:24:59 AM by EoceneMiacid »

MooD

• Doom Newbie
    • View Profile
neat
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2019, 04:19:50 AM »
Some super cool stuff here! I love the idea of the invisibility being nullified by enemies with infrared.

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2019, 04:38:49 AM »
Probably won't work against monsters who navigate by smell, sound or echolocation either :x

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2019, 05:40:09 AM »
THE SLAYER HAS ENTERED THE FACILITY

Many thanks to MooD, who conjured up and kindly donated the model - and it's not the only thing he's donated :)

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2019, 06:21:00 AM »
This guy entered the facility as well

For comparison
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 06:27:30 AM by EoceneMiacid »

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2019, 06:37:37 PM »
I've been reworking AI scripts (and their hierarchies) in a number of ways, to make their behavior more interesting.

All friendly NPC's in the game engage in combat (if they are able to). There are no cutscene-or dialogue-only NPC's. They are all potential combatants. Weapons are just as effective in NPC's (or monster's) hands as they are in yours, but also subject to limited ammo. A freshly spawned zombie carrying a shotgun will have anywhere between zero and the max amount of shells in it (in this case 8 ). Suppose it received 6 shells, and managed to fire 2 before you kill it. There are then 4 shells left in the gun if you pick it up. NPC's and monsters also behave differently in the sense that human's tend to not be suicidal and retreat when they run out of ammo, while a monster might not be so concerned about it's own well-being and concludes that the only worth it's got left is to try and melee you.

These are Mars Security troops, typically called Secs.

However, because they are human and do not possess the recommended anti-measures, they are subject to zombification by the forces of Hell :)

I'm making all human NPC's real-time zombifiable, so they become hostile and turn against you. I'm not sure yet what monster to give this power. The Arch-Vile, maybe? Any NPC's in a radius would turn zombie :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 06:39:08 PM by EoceneMiacid »

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2019, 02:06:52 AM »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 02:13:55 AM by EoceneMiacid »

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2019, 04:29:58 AM »
Roller

Big, heavy, armored robot balls that roll around at high speeds, covering large distances rapidly. Has two built-in plasma guns.
Their shell is impervious to small arms fire, so they are best dealt with using a Heavy Weapon. However, they have other exploitable weaknesses.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:19:29 AM by EoceneMiacid »

MooD

• Doom Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2019, 05:21:28 AM »
I've been reworking AI scripts (and their hierarchies) in a number of ways, to make their behavior more interesting.

All friendly NPC's in the game engage in combat (if they are able to). There are no cutscene-or dialogue-only NPC's. They are all potential combatants. Weapons are just as effective in NPC's (or monster's) hands as they are in yours, but also subject to limited ammo. A freshly spawned zombie carrying a shotgun will have anywhere between zero and the max amount of shells in it (in this case 8 ). Suppose it received 6 shells, and managed to fire 2 before you kill it. There are then 4 shells left in the gun if you pick it up. NPC's and monsters also behave differently in the sense that human's tend to not be suicidal and retreat when they run out of ammo, while a monster might not be so concerned about it's own well-being and concludes that the only worth it's got left is to try and melee you.

These are Mars Security troops, typically called Secs.

Maybe lost souls to posses them as well (just like how a few people are possessed by them in the doom3 campaign) also if they die they have a chance to come back as zombies? The revenant also should revive there corpses too.

However, because they are human and do not possess the recommended anti-measures, they are subject to zombification by the forces of Hell :)

I'm making all human NPC's real-time zombifiable, so they become hostile and turn against you. I'm not sure yet what monster to give this power. The Arch-Vile, maybe? Any NPC's in a radius would turn zombie :)

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2019, 05:52:32 AM »
Yes, that's what I was thinking. It should be like this (starts at 1:12, sorry, timestamps do not seem to work?)

So I would need to identify the entity used for this. IIRC you encounter one in the airlock in mc_underground, which flies past you.
It's not a lost soul. At least, not the monster they call 'lost soul' in Doom 3.

Then I make a projectile out of it, and NPC's hit with it will turn zombie.

And you mean the Archvile, he's the one who resurrects monsters. That doesn't work at all yet in my mod, but I would sure like to have it working someday. Could be a good excuse to gib enemies - make sure they are not resurrectable.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:16:15 AM by EoceneMiacid »

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2019, 10:10:34 AM »

You can ride it in Quake 4, which you can't here (yet). Instead, it's now a much larger and better armed version of the Sentry, seeking out hostiles and murdering them. Unfortunately the model's vertical pitch doesn't change, and as such aiming on the vertical axis won't look correct - but that doesn't stop it from being a valued asset in battle.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 12:11:59 PM by EoceneMiacid »

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2019, 07:36:51 AM »
Improved the walker some more, it now has nice startup and death animations, and projects light. Also added all the sounds.

It follows you around, like a good boy. It just likes to get a little too close, still need to tweak some values. I also need to tone down it's fov, reaction time, accuracy and rate of fire because it slaughters enemies the second they spawn.

It fires the gun just fine, I just need to add the ability to fire rockets also.

I think I like this thing better as a companion drone than as a vehicle :)

Like the Sentry, it also needs a voice, but a growling, intimidating one, like ED-209:

« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 09:37:34 AM by EoceneMiacid »

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2019, 09:29:32 AM »
Let's drench this mod in blood.

EoceneMiacid

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2019, 07:44:58 AM »
There's going to be a huge upgrade curve for the player.

All monsters are now assigned an appropriate EXP value, which is given to the player upon death. The lowest ranking enemies give 1 point.
However, you are rewarded by engaging in close combat - kill them up close and you're granted twice the amount of EXP given.

By reaching the next EXP milestone, you'll level up. Each time you level up, the milestone doubles, so you'll need to gain twice as much for each consecutive level.

100 total exp > lvl 2
300 total exp > lvl 3
700 total exp > lvl 4

I still need to figure out what to actually do with your experience level. Things like movement speed, damage and defense could be affected.

I've added a bar to the HUD in the right upper corner that displays the amount of EXP you have so far, but I'm not sure I want to keep it that way.

There's also a separate skill level for each individual weapon. Each confirmed kill records the monster killed and the weapon it was killed with, and your skill level with that particular weapon will increase after achieving sufficient kills with it.

same curve, so

- 10 kills > lvl 2
- 30 kills > lvl 3
- 70 kills > lvl 4

Skill level should affect things like weapon handling (how fast you switch to and from the weapon), reload speed, and accuracy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 08:11:09 AM by EoceneMiacid »