News:

One Minute Game Review by The Happy Friar: https://ugetube.com/@OneMinteGameReviews
Also on Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/c-1115371

idTech 4 (aka Doom 3 tech) Discord Server! https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Main Menu

How's the new Wolf?

Started by The Happy Friar, May 22, 2014, 11:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Happy Friar

Looks interesting, I'm guessing some people bought it, how is it?

Zombie

I'm enjoying it.

It has more of a classic shooter feel to it.

Some people are saying they're not really into the story part of it, I like it, but it may not be for everyone.

It's definitely a solid game. About 5 hours or so in to it now.

trebor

I had high expections because the people behind the new Wolfenstein are the creators of the Riddick games.
They met my expectations. I would give it a 9 of 10.

trebor

Or to sum it up I think it is the best Wolf ever.

Sir Blackington

How do u like the virtual textures compared to rage?

bkt

The game's fantastic!  It's also makes great use of idTech 5.

More so than the differences in use of the tech I actually think it's a much better shooter than Rage.  It's flat out old school fun, though it does a great job of mixing up the gameplay to avoid nazi killin' fatigue.  The story and characters are fantastic too.

Sir Blackington

So the ai is at least passable? I'm not looking for eintein bots or anything, just passable

The Happy Friar

On sale on Steam for $30.

No time to play though.  :(

Sir Blackington

Bought the new wolf on sale ( cause ever since I bought civ5 I've said I'm not buying a game over 30 dollars again) and its suprisingly good. Not excelent or genre defining yet. I'm just at the hospital part, but its enjoyable so far. The map layout is easy enough to get around but if ur not paying attention, u will get lost( in my book that is the minimum for map difficulty but once reached is sufficient) I could go on, but I will say that compared to wolf 2009, this one really feels like it has good direction gom people who can 1. See the big picture 2. Do want to make a fun game to an extent, kt just one that sells. Looking at the trailers I lost A LOT of enthusiasm cause it liked like so many other piles of s@#$ out there, but its not bad. Everything seems to be balanced and thought out to a higher degree then rage or the last wolf. I gotta say, and in many ways this is a compliment. The only real thing biting at me is the lack of AA. now I could understand if this was a deferred rendered game, but as far as I know its foward. Even still, some post processs AA option would b nice, but none at all? I feel like an entitled deuchejust saying this since not to long ago I had toasters more powerful then my pc, but its really hard to not c the alaising, even on 1080p. I almost feel rage looked better cause I could gpu transcode on my gt630, run 2x AA and b good, especially with the character models, but here, its a disappointment. Either way, having WAY more fun with this so far then I ever had with rage

revelator

Love it :) has some rather disturbing scenes also like with the guy in your company getting his brain drilled out ouch :S.
Best use of idtech 5 i seen so far game looks gorgeus and much more dynamic than rage did.

TeaMonster

I'm really liking it. It's not a ground breaker, but it's lots of fun and well put together.

Then again, I'm one of those weirdos who liked RAGE  :-[

motorsep

Quote from: TeaMonster on November 25, 2014, 03:50:57 PM
Then again, I'm one of those weirdos who liked RAGE  :-[

You aren't a weirdo because you like RAGE. You are a dying breed of old school gamers :(

BloodRayne

I really liked Rage. And I really liked Wolf as well. I find 45GB a bit of a stretch but it's a fine game. It looks gorgeous  and I just love the style of almost every content in there. Other than that the story is quite shocking, bad stuff happens all the time. It's a real Wolf game. I think the part in the concentration camp was mind blowing.

Sir Blackington

Liked wolf, didn't like rage. Ive been over this but the best part about rage by far was the shooting and movement feel.I actually in a few places enjoeyed it more then wolf because gougpu had more fast/unpredictably moving melee enemies to shoot at encouraging your own running and gunning. Too bad it didn't happen near enough. I do hear the expansion to rage continues on that same path though.

TeaMonster

I loved the look and feel of the game, as well as the mechanics. The thing I found really disappointing was the in-game economy and, sadly, the plot. Both were quite woefull, especially when compared to tedious fare such as the Borderlands series. I can't understand how that went on to a series and RAGE bit the dust.

I did find the ending really badly rushed and not well-thought out. I did really enjoy the rest of the game though.

One thing I've noticed About Wolf though - My Son wants to play it on his Steam account through Family Sharing. He can quite happily play Bioshock Infinite with all the settings turned up. Wolf will not run at anything more than about 7 FPS. It's really terrible. I've tried turning all the settings down and it still runs like crap. He's not got a slouch system either. It's not bang up to date, but it's not an intel GPU either. It's an AMD Phenom 965, which is a nice quad core. He's running a 9600 series Nvidia card. Again, not cutting edge, but he should get something out of it.